The Pocket

There were rumors going around about an old abandoned silo lost in the forest. The wood was located in the middle of a dirt field right next to the railway tracks. It was a strange sight. There it was, motionless among the trees, with its rust leaking from all sides. Anyway, he was said to be haunted by the spirit of an old farmer who had hanged himself in that silo and who would kill anyone who entered it. I've always said that this rumor was a load of bullshit, especially when those who spread it tell the story of some curious kids who went into the silo, and never came out. Others say the silo is just a good place to be quiet. Me and my gang geek friends have therefore decided to check it for ourselves by going there. In order to heighten the feeling of dread, we went there on a dark and cloudy day. My friends Pete, Meg, Wes and I met at my house since I lived next to the railroad. We walked along the train tracks, talking and laughing. We were having a good time... Until we saw it... The silo. He was there, of course, in the height of the trees. As we got closer, our good mood faded. The further we went, the colder it got, like there was some kind of dark aura around the silo... Wes even let out a little cry. We walked around the silo looking for any entrance. We eventually found a ladder leading to the interior. The rungs of the ladder also allowed access to trap doors on the side of the structure... All were locked, except for one... Although he was the shy type, Pete went up first and opened the trap door. Within minutes we were inside the silo, standing on the hay left in there. In the center was a large hole, which sank deep into the hay. It was dark but you could hear a steady stream of air coming from the bottom. Curiously, there was a rope going down the hole. Since I was the only one smart enough to really prepare for this excursion, I pulled out my flashlight. Holding it in my mouth, I started to descend. I slid down, sweeping the area of ​​my flashlight beam. Everything seemed safe. I observed the scattered hay, the dirt, and also another trap door... Peculiar. I waved the others down. As they descended... My eye noticed something red covering the rope. I hid my panic and showed the others the trapdoor I had found. Pete opened it, revealing a black hole... The inside reeked... The others had smelled it too, of course. Wes even whined like a dog. Eventually Meg mustered up her courage, grabbed my flashlight, and stepped first into the hole. We followed him and walked through this dark tunnel for about 10-15 minutes until Meg warned us that we had come to another trapdoor. She opened it. A bright light then flooded the tunnel and it is where we heard it... A piercing scream followed by the sound of something racing while panting. In a desperate attempt to avoid the creature that had made that horrible cry, we ran. Once out of the tunnel, we slammed the hatch, and tried to lock it.

The noise had stopped. We all breathed a sigh of relief before looking around the room. We were in a concrete room that looked like an old septic tank, but with an opening at the top, and through this opening we could see the forest. We started climbing, and then it happened. Again w-we heard that damn noise again! Wes hadn't even come out of the hole yet… Poor, poor Wes. This creature reached its clawed hand through the hatch and grabbed Wes's leg, before pulling him down the tunnel. We heard her terrified screams and then suddenly... Silence.

We heard the cracking of bones and the sound of tearing flesh. We were petrified, in a state of shock, we listened to our friend being killed... Meg ended up vomiting because of the noise. After that, we tried to find our way out of the forest. We searched for a way out for at least an hour, but eventually came to the conclusion that the forest around the silo was fenced off with barbed wire. We panicked, having no idea what to do. Night was falling rapidly. Then we realized that this thing was among the shadows. In a desperate panic, Meg climbed a tree, hoping the thing couldn't get to her. Pete found a small hole in the ground and hid inside. Bad idea. Once again, we heard the scream and I watched this thing come out of its lair. In a panic I too climbed a tree and watched Pete curled up in his hole. I also, to my regret, took a look at the creature. It was the most grotesque thing I had ever seen. Her face was covered in a pale white mask against her dark skin. He seemed to have only two black holes for his eyes and a big smile split across his face. I only realized after a few minutes that it was a mask. A mask made with the skin from Wes's face. I was terrified as the thing crawled towards Pete. I was sitting on a branch as I watched Pete try to run away, but it was useless since the thing caught up instantly. She thrust both her hands into Pete's chest and split it open with ease... Guts out, the creature then wrapped them around Pete's head and mangled his corpse, slicing him. dragged her to her lair before closing the hatch behind her.

The creature then emerged. The mask made from Wes's skin had been replaced with one, fashioned into Pete's face, with the same hollow eyes and that damn smile. Then the thing spoke in a voice that was both hoarse and soft: “I am the Pocket”. He then returned to his silo. From my tree, I heard Meg cry. I motioned for her to come down, while I climbed down from the tree myself. And I told him that we would come out of this hell alive.

Hesitantly, she climbed down from her tree while I went to the barbed wire fence. I grabbed the sharp wire and spread it wide enough for Meg to push through. My hands were bleeding but I ignored the pain as Meg pushed through the opening. Again, The Pocket howled. In a hurry, I panicked and crawled through the opening, cutting myself in the process. Covered in cuts and ignoring the pain, I sprinted with Meg through the forest until I found civilization again.

Ten years have passed since, Meg and I were happy, we lived together. I'm speaking in the past for a reason... The same reason I'm telling you this story today... Meg is dead. She died a horrific, so horrific death... The police were called to the scene after she went for a walk in the woods. We found her body... mutilated... She was decapitated, lying at the edge of the forest. I said the word "edge", which means she was away from the barbed wire fence.

This only means one thing... The pocket has freed itself from its prison! He's free, and he's coming right at me! I know it's that thing! It's horrible! Right now... I... I'm looking at our wedding photo trying to calm myself down with our happy memories.

T-that doesn't help me... B-because in the reflection of the glass, I saw a face slowly coming towards me, Meg's face, but it had no eyes and that smile. terrifying... The Pocket, h-he's here, he's come for me! I feel his hands piercing my chest... I just... I understood his motive... He kills for freedom... To free people from the hell that is this world... And I have earned the privilege of being released. I am calm, I smile.