Chapter 10 | Midnight stars

Today we had an O.W.L exam with professor Weasley but it had passed within a couple of seconds. At least I felt it this way. I had just blinked with my eyes and it was already over. It was actually 5 hours straight and after a dinner we did not have any plans with the guys.

"So, what you are up to now, guys?" Sebastian said eating a strawberry cheesecake.

"I don't know really, I feel so tired, but I guess we need to finish something tonight, am I right?" I said looking at Ominis.

"Well, if you wish to do that tonight then all right, I'm okay with this, I didn't have any plans after my O.W.L anyway." Ominis said and continued eating the chicken leg with mashed potatoes.

"Yeah..." I answered zoning out for a moment. Sebastian snapped his fingers and it brought me back to reality.

"What?" I said displeasingly.

"Just wanted to wake you up a bit, nothing more." He said it with a smile as if he was guilty of something.

"I'm all right, don't worry." I looked down at my plate. I didn't have much appetite to eat for a half of a day. Ominis finished eating his supper and interrupted the conversation.

"Come with me, my love." He took my hand.

"I guess we will see each other later, bye, Sebastian!" I waved to him and we ran with Ominis in the direction of his plan. We went outside of Hogwarts and we were heading to the boathouse, down the huge stairs to it. When we came to the spot of our date he took a blanket and spread it out, we sat on it with our feet dangling into the water.

"How is the sky tonight, Dari?" He asked gently stroking my hands.

"It's incredible, there are so many stars in the sky, I think I've never seen so many... There on the right..." I grabbed his hand and started ostensibly showing the sky by tracing the constellations with his fingers across the sky. "I think it's a constellation of a Virgo, your zodiac sign." I said.

He chuckled smiling widely. "Awww, Dari, you know my sign?"

"Well, I'm kinda into the Astrology so I've actually already done our compatibility chart."

He laughed loudly. "Really? And what's in it?"

"We were meant to be together, trust me." I smirked.

"Of course we are." He said giggling and squeezing my hand tightly.

It was always a beautiful place in the night as there was a whole clear sky every time as the lights from school were not reaching it. The air was cool and crisp and my body started to freeze a little. Ominis felt that I was shaking and hugged me tight and then put his robe over me. He pulled me closer to him taking me by the waist.

"I love you more than anything in my life, Ominis..." I said looking into his amazing eyes.

"I love you too, Dari... More than anything in this universe. I would like to spend my life with you, as you are my soulmate as well, I have never met a girl like you, so stunning and cunning and passionate and living... You make my life brighter, you are my star, Dari, I love you, I love you, I love you so much." He turned his head to my face and slowly took my chin in his hand. Our lips met in a gentle embrace, it was as if time stood still for only the two of us. The softness of the kiss conveyed a deep tenderness and longing between us, as if we were savoring every moment we had left together. We were holding each other pretty close, our bodies intertwined as we were expressing our feelings without words now. My eyes locked on his face in a deep gaze, I knew that our time here was probably limited and yet I was determined to make the most of it. He took my hands and our fingers intertwined with each other in a gentle dance. I wanted to capture his every sensation and emotion at that moment, I wanted to hold onto it forever... As the kiss came to an end, we pulled away from each other, tears were in our eyes. We knew that we had to face the inevitable, but we also knew that our love would live on no matter what would happen in the future.