Chapter 9- Nevermind Then

The weekend passed by slowly without Cyno. Monday finally came and weirdly enough, I couldn't be more excited. I made my way in school and to class. I felt a little let down when I didn't see Cyno at his desk. I sat at mine and shortly after, Yanfei had come over and started a conversation.

   A little before the bell rang, Cyno walked into class with his usual emotionless stare. When he made it to his seat he looked over at me, ”Morning nerd.” A smile formed on my face as I spoke, ”You sure took your time coming here.” ”What were you waiting for me or something?” He chuckled and gave me a smug look.

   ”Hmm maybe,” I said in a kind of flirty manner as I watched his cheeks turn red. The bell rang, interrupting our conversation, as the teacher walked in.

×××

   I couldn't stop thinking about Cyno the entire class, I really need to learn how to control my thoughts. ”Hey Nari!” Collei yelled for me in the crowded hallway. ”Oh hello Collei,” I replied. ”I didn't see you on Friday, where were you?” she asked as she caught up to me. ”Oh I felt a little tired in the morning so I just skipped school for the day,” I responded. ”You should've texted me, I was worried,” she let out a chuckle.

   ”Oh my sorry, I entirely forgot to,” I replied. I barely checked my phone, I was too busy thinking about Cyno I thought. ”It's alright! Glad to see that you're okay! I was actually gonna come over after school on Friday but I got caught up with family stuff,” she said with an apologetic face. ”It's all good Collei, don't worry about it,” I said, relieved that she hadn't caught me with Cyno. ”Well, see you around Nari!” Collei said as she continued her way through the crouded hallway. ”Bye,” I responded.

    Okay, okay. Everything is going a little too fast, since when did I catch feelings this easily?? I cannot remember the last time I actually liked someone, everything feels so weird for some reason. And out of all people, Cyno?? The guy I met around a month ago, hated his guts until like last week and now I supposingly like him? There's absolutely no way, I think i'm slowly going crazy. Ahh my head hurts, nothing makes sense.

   I reached the cafeteria with my head overflowing with thoughts. I spotted Albedo sitting at a table with Kaeya? I think that's his name. I decided to join them when I felt a cold hand grab my wrist. I turned around to be met with none other than Fishcl, ”T-Tighnari, please come and help, Bennett's being made fun of!” She exclaimed worryingly on the verge of tears.

   I followed her down the hallways and outside to the back of the school, an unpopular place where not much people would be found. The people who hang out around here are probably the one's trying to smoke or skip classes. I continued following Fischl to find Bennett cornered by a bunch of other students.

   His hair was a mess and he was quitely sobbing, what seemed to be his back pack was in the arms of one of the guys and he was getting yelled at. ”You're so damn worthless, even your own parents didn't want you,” said an unfamiliar voice. Just as I was about to step in, I spotted a very familiar face, Cyno.

   He seemed to have noticed my presence because his cruel smirk had turned into a shocked and nervous expression. I stared at him in disbelief and disappointment before he ran away without saying a single word. ”All of you get lost before I report you all to the principal,” I said angrily as I made my way in front of Bennett who was still a weeping mess.

    After they left, Fischl ran over to Bennett and pulled him into a hug, ”I'm so sorry, it was all my fault they started picking on you,” she said in between sobs. Bennett and Fischl seemed to be really close friends. From what I heard, they're both transgender and like the same gender so people tend to find them as an easy target to make fun off.

    A couple minutes later, a long grey-haired lad came rushing over to Fischl and Bennett. He seemed to be just as worried as Fischl, yet he didn't speak a word, instead he just hugged Bennett. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, why would you do this Cyno? I thought better of you.

×××

   The rest of the school week was horrible. I felt like absolute shit and ignored Cyno the entire day. I spent the entire previous night trying to justify Cyno's actions, yet I couldn't bring my self to find any realistic reason for his behaviour. Bennett has thanked me around twenty-five times now, he's such a sweet guy, how could Cyno ever even think to make fun of him??

   I found out that the grey-haired guy, Razor, was actually Bennett's boyfriend, and he didn't exactly want to leave Cyno alone after what had happened. Fortunately, I was able to talk him out of doing anything stupid that would only lead to more problems.

    Cyno never attempts to talk to me, instead he just stares at me any chance he gets. Everytime he stares at me, butterflies form in my stomach as I have to remind myself who Cyno really is.

   School became less exciting, classes seemed to get longer, I don't look forward to finally get home after school anymore, everything just feels horrible. Could my crush on Cyno really affect my life this badly?