// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 //

hiraeth - part twenty-three

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n was almost certain it was Goku making her sick. As she laid on the dewy grass under the starry sky, Y/n held up the three star Dragon Ball. Goku had gotten impatient with the nimbus and decided to do things his own way. Which entailed him flying faster than Y/n had ever gone before, holding her close to his chest for hours. During that time, they had to make multiple pit stops because Y/n kept throwing up. That resulted in them having to stop over and over so Y/n could keep herself hydrated and full of food. At one point, Goku had gotten so frustrated over it that he had gone out of his way to go get a senzu bean from Korin. It hardly helped.

"I'm sorry about today, Goku." Y/n muttered, feeling guilty for having held them back so much. If it hadn't been for her bouts of illness, they could've possibly even had two dragon balls already. The next one was pretty close, but the sun had set, so Goku decided to just stop. Goku threw out a capsule that he had "borrowed" (more like didn't ask), a small capsule house forming. He glanced over at her, giving her an apologetic smile.

"It's okay. I just wish I knew what was wrong. I wouldn't have taken you if I knew you'd get sick." Goku said. Y/n had a feeling it was the man himself that was wrong. She supposed he caused a lot of anxiety within her. After all, she wasn't exactly a great friend for him. She was causing problems. And to top it all off, Y/n was attracted to him. She constantly felt bad about it.

But Y/n didn't say anything. She didn't want to hurt his feelings. She just kept quiet as she stared at the full moon through the dragon ball. It was a beautiful night. One of Y/n's favorite things to do when she lived with her father was watch the moon. She'd climb out onto the roof often to just lay there and watch it. It was almost hypnotizing sometimes.

"Do you like watching the moon?" Goku asked as he glanced up at it. Though, out of old habit, he quickly looked away, back down to Y/n. Y/n smiled, nodding as she moved the dragon ball to look at it in its full brilliance.

"Yeah. I've always found it really pretty. Do you like to moon watch?" Y/n asked. Goku chuckled, thinking to himself. He so desperately wanted to say that Y/n was prettier, but Goku learned better than to call any girl other than his wife pretty.

"Not really. I grew up being taught not to look at it because a big monster would show up if I did. I guess it turns out that monster was me, and I accidentally stepped on my grandpa." Goku said, chuckling nervously as he crouched down beside Y/n. Y/n looked up at him in horror, wondering if Goku were pulling her leg. "Saiyans turn into these giant, great apes when we look at a full moon. I can't remember anything when it happens though. Not that it happens anymore, my tail was cut off a long time ago."

"A-A tail!?" Y/n's eyes widened, before glancing around Goku's side. She never thought Goku would have a tail, but then again, he was a Saiyan, and they seemed to be full of surprises.

"Yeah! It was great, I had full control over it. I even flew with it before I learned to fly with ki." Goku reminisced about his younger days, smiling. The 21st World Tournament was so long ago now, but Goku still remembered them all clearly. Y/n watched him smile, a smile forming on her own face as well. She sat up, yawning as she stretched out.

"Well, let's go inside, I'm worn out already." Y/n said, before walking past him. Goku chuckled, following after her.

The capsule house only had one bed, which Y/n had wanted to offer to Goku. After all, he was the one taking her to have her wish granted. This whole trip was thanks to him, so Y/n wanted him to be as content and happy as possible over the coming week. However, Goku simply would not allow her to sleep on the stiff sofa, as he frustratedly pat the bed, giving her a small glare.