Author's Note

Attention! If you need a complete tag list, find this story on A03 by searching for me or the title, and check your tags. There is dub-con and non-con, mentions of suicide, gore, murder, and canon-typical violence, and lots of different sex acts. 

Author's Note

Welcome to my Hannigram Dracula AU fanfiction! Enter freely and of your own free will!

Welcome to my fic! Enter freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring!

Thank you so very much in advance for reading, and for your encouragement. This fandom is the gift that keeps on giving!

Things to know:

This story is a mixture of the unabridged text of Dracula by Bram Stoker, the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder, and Bryan Fuller's Hannibal (of course)

There are some direct quotes from the book melded into my writing, similar to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies; I have done my best to make these included portions blend seamlessly.

Most of the action takes place in 1893, and reflects society's Victorian ideals. However, because this is a world where vampires exist, anything is possible. I personally believe that if one is creating a speculative fiction world (or adding to it as I am) one is well within one's rights to make pro social changes. For my heart and the sake of the story, in this world, homophobia just isn't a thing, and gender roles are less defined. Victorian values regarding sex and religion exist, but same sex marriage and queerness is normal as long as one is living an upstanding life. I understand the deep connection between horror, monstrousness, and queerness, and realize I could have attempted to say something about that with this work, but for the purposes of this fic, I want a world where love is love even if the Victorians in this story are uptight and ridiculous about other things related to behavior and sexuality.

Regarding religion – per the backstory provided by Bram Stoker's Dracula, one of our protagonists has some biased views about Islam that I hope you understand I do not share and that he grows out of once he realizes that he can be God, too, if he wants. I think you know who we're talking about :).

The tone here is gothic, romantic, horror/creepy, tragic, angsty, heavy, sweet, with (I hope) moments of levity to balance it out, but fair warning there will be some sadness and grief. NOTE: I will update tags as I go!

Dear Fannibal Family, I love you unconditionally, and I hope you enjoy this gift, a small token of my appreciation and affection.