Chapter 5

This is just part 2 of the last chapter but I thought it'd be cute.

____________________________

Jack walked around the room, waiting for the clock to strike 2 so he could pick Dee up. He didn't have anything to do because Peter never gave him a phone or anything to pass the time with, he was bored. Jack wanted to be able to do something but all they had was a crappy tv for Dee's christian cartoons which she hated, so Jack would switch channels when Peter wasn't home.

Jack wasn't a big fan of the way Peter raised Dee but he couldn't do all that much about it anyway.

Jack looked over at the clock, it was around 1.45 pm, that should be fine right? He didn't mind waiting at the school but he was extremely bored and needed a distraction.

Jack went over to the coat hanger and got his coat, he left the house to go to Dee's school. It was cold, Jack put his hands in his pockets wishing he'd put gloves on but he wasn't planning on going back inside.

Jack knew he was going to have to hang out with Dave, he wanted to but he also didn't. Jack didn't like Dave right? Or did he secretly enjoy the man's company? It's probably not that.

The streets were quite empty since there weren't a lot of things to do in winter, the only people he saw were some kids running around throwing snowballs at each other and creating snowmen. Jack slightly smiled, he enjoyed seeing the streets a little alive otherwise it'd just be boring if no one went outside.

Jack couldn't help but feel kind of jealous at the same time, he didn't have much of a childhood himself since his parents died around his 12th birthday and Peter continued taking care of him.

Peter didn't always believe in God either, once their parents had died Peter started going to church and eventually got baptized. Peter had forced them to get baptized as well. Jack knew it was just an escape from the real world and he knew Peter wasn't happy, neither of them were.

Peter had a hard time getting out of bed after the funeral, they almost got evicted too.

Jack sighed and got snapped out of his thoughts once he got hit by a snowball, he looked around and noticed a kid running up to him.

"sorry mister.." the kid apologized.

"it's fine." Jack said smiling at the kid, the kid ran off again.

Jack himself wasn't the biggest fan of kids, the only kid he was really used to was Dee and Madeleine.

Jack resumed his walk to eventually arrive at the school.

Jack looked at his watch and noticed it was going to take a while for Dee to finally leave school seeing as she still had school for 30 minutes. Jack sighed out of annoyance and sat down somewhere so he could read a book while he waited for her.

...

Dave walked around the diner chasing some kids that had annoyed him by throwing pizza at him, he was definitely going to kill them later.

Dave eventually stopped, he noticed Henry glaring at him from a corner and signalled Dave to come over.

"William what are you doing?" Henry asked, his tone of voice making the purple man tense up.

"those kids were annoying me.." Dave mumbled under his breath, he knew Henry would be pissed at him for chasing those kids.

"William what did I tell you about chasing kids? Do you really want our customers to get suspicious of you?" Henry asked, Dave didn't dare to make eye contact with the shorter man.