Chapter Four: Min Seol A's Death

The next morning, So-young slowly wakes up from her beauty sleep

The next morning, So-young slowly wakes up from her beauty sleep. She grabbed her phone and walked downstairs to get some breakfast. "Good morning." Her mother slowly got up from the couch and noticed So-young standing there. "Good morning So-young. How did you sleep?" She asked while yawning. "I slept very well. Thank you so much for asking." So-young smiled and took out a box of cereal from the top of the refrigerator and grabbed the carton of milk to make her healthy and balanced breakfast. She sits down on the dining room chair and checks her phone to see if Seol A texted back, but she didn't, which worries her.

"Um So-young, you might want to see the television." Rona explains as she goes back to the living room. So-young looked confused and nervous. Is she going to see something that will trigger her? Is it something bad? She quickly got up from the dining room and headed to the living room slowly. So-young sat down on the couch and looked at the television. "Teen girl dies in a fire at Bosok Village." Bosok Village? Min Seol A lives there. Wait... So-young continued to watch the news as it showed a picture of Min Seol A. She quickly shakes her head in disbelief.

"N-no. This can't be true.. This can't be.." So-young quickly denies the fact that Min Seol A is dead. She quickly got up from the couch and ran upstairs to her room. She quickly puts on clothes and grabs a bag and runs downstairs to the door, while ignoring her mother's calls. She runs to the apartments first, but it is blocked by a yellow sign that says, "Do not cross." So-young decided to go to the hospital to see if Seol A was there. She quickly runs to the front desk. "Min-Min.." She tries to spill the words out from her mouth, but she can't breathe at the same time. "Miss, are you ok?" The lady asked her with a worried expression on her face. So-young looked at her, but slowly fell onto the ground, when everything went black.

So-young slowly opened her eyes, and scrunched her eyes from the bright light. She slowly looked around to see where she was. She is in the room, and is laying on the hospital bed. What happened...? She noticed that Shim Suryeon is sitting on the chair next to the bed. "S-Shim Suryeon? What are you doing here?" So-young asked with a hoarse voice. "You passed out. So you're gonna be here for a bit, and then you can go home." So-young looked at her with tear filled eyes and smiled. "Thank you." "Anytime. I'm always here for people that need it the most. I need to talk to you about Min Seol A." Suryeon replied.

So-young looked at her with a shock expression on her face when she mentioned Min Seol A. Does she know about Min Seol A, or does she know about us? So-young internally thinking. "How do you know Min Seol A? Is she like your biological daughter or something?" Suryeon's eyes widened at So-young's question. "I don't know if she is my biological daughter or not, but I noticed that Min Seol A has a diary and pictures." Pictures? Diary? "Diary? She has a diary?" So-young asked with a curious look.

"Yes. That's why I came to you. Because you were in it." I was in Min Seol A's diary? So-young looks down while her cheeks are warm and red. Then suddenly out of nowhere, So-young started to break down crying. "It's not fair. Why did she have to die so young!?" She covered her face with her hands while Shim Suryeon patted her back. "I just wish I could go back in time and tell her that I love her so much." She mumbles to herself in English.