💙 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

Hazel sighed patiently as she waited for Esnat to bring her a bowl of water to wash away the dried blood from her forehead.

Suddenly, her mind drifted to Neteyam. He reminded her of Grumpy from Snow White, except blue and blessed with height.

Then the more she thought about him, the more annoyed she became. What had she done to offend him?

Or rather, what had this Ayavi girl done to earn such hatred from her betrothed?

Maybe she could ask Esnat.

Her eyes lit up when she saw Esnat walk through her Marui's entrance. She held a bowl of water in her hands.

Before the girl had time to say anything, Hazel urged her to get closer.

"Hey, I have a question. Why does grumpy hate me so much?"

Her direct question caught Esnat by surprise. Nonetheless, she set down the bowl of water and answered her anyway.

"Well..." She stammered, contemplating her next words.

"It's okay, just say it. Be honest and tell me the whole truth. I won't get mad."

Inquisitive, Hazel wanted to know the answer. Maybe it could help her avoid Neteyam in the future.

"Okay..." Esnat bit her lip nervously. "You were not exactly the nicest to Yewaa. Well, other girls too, but mainly Yewaa because she is good friends with Neteyam."

"Did I, like, hurt that girl or something?"

After staring at Hazel awkwardly for a moment, she nodded. Hazel's brows creased together in confusion.

"Okay, well? What did I do to her?"

"Um, there was this one time when you made me throw fruits at her."

"That's it? That's not so bad, right?"

Esnat shook her head. "You were not satisfied with it, so you threw a rock at her instead. It hit her head and she bled a little."

"What?!" Hazel gasped. "Oh my gosh, I'm so evil!"

"But it is alright!" Esnat tried to reassure her. "Nobody saw us!"

Then she paused momentarily and averted her gaze.

"Oh, but... she told Neteyam and he scolded you. I suppose you do not remember that as well?"

Speechless, Hazel's shoulder slumped over as she let out an annoyed groan. Of all Na'vi she could have switched souls with, why did it have to be this girl?

"Just give me that," she mumbled as she took the bowl of water from Esnat.

The latter watched her in silence as she washed away the dried blood on her forehead.

"Oh, also I heard something on the way here," she spoke up.

"Mhm, what is it?"

"The Olo'eyktan and the Tsahìk were arguing about leaving the clan—"

"What?" Hazel snapped her head in Esnat's direction. "Oh my gosh, that's great right?! That means I will no longer have to see that jerk."

"H-Huh?" Esnat's brows creased together in confusion. "You are not upset that Neteyam is leaving? They are thinking about going somewhere far away, where the reef Na'vi is located by the sea."

"The sea?" Her ears were piqued in interest as her mind whirled with thoughts.

Perhaps she could go with them. The search for water here was harder, and when she found one, it didn't work. Perhaps she needed a larger body of water. Since she also fell into the sea, it made perfect sense that it would be the sea.