1.

Silence embraces the room when she was sitting in front of her maternal uncle. For the last five minutes he was silent and she was scared as well as nervous about the reason why did her uncle called her like this. 

"Madiha," 

"Ji mamu?" 

"Tumhare liye ek rishta dekha hai." and he took a small pause meanwhile her head and eyes cast down without changing any facial expressions.

(There is a marriage proposal for you.)

"The guy is a police inspector earning a handsome amount. His family is small, his parents died years ago, there are only two sisters, one is already married and the other one is getting married next month only. Family background and the residency both are fine but..." She, who was listening to everything silently till now, slowly lifted her eyelids to glanced at her uncle's face and very next moment reshifted her gaze back to the floor, but she was waiting to know the flaw or flaws of this perfect looking proposal. 

"Ladke ki umar tumse thodi zyada hai." She didn't make eye contact with her uncle and think about the maximum diffence possible. Maybe 7-8 years older than her. 

(The guy is a bit older than you.)

"Take your time, think about it, then tell me your decision. I have sent his photo on your mobile." While sending photos on her mobile he said and she stood up without looking at anyone present in the room. Holding millions of questions in her heart she walked down stairs and open the door of her room. It was a small room with a floor bed and an old study table on the name of furniture. Picking up the mobile phone from the pillow she opened the latest WhatsApp chat which was showing three photos and a small biodata.  

Her eyes fall on the pics first, even after looking at him from different angles she didn't find him pleasing for eyes nor his face was even near her dream Prince Charming. Then she glanced at the biodata, there were many things in that but she focused on only four. 

Name: Danish Qureshi.

Age: 40 years

Hight: 6'1 

Occupation: Inspector in UP police.

40 years? Is this a typing mistake? The girl who turned 26 yesterday only, questioned herself.

6'1… too tall. I'm just 5'4. She wasn't even complete 5'4 but somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4. 

Placing the mobile on her chest she laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling silently. After struggling too much with her thoughts she took a deep breath and dialled a number. 

"Hello. Kya haal hai madam?" It was her dream voice which brought a smile on her face but a sad smile.

(How are you Madam?)

"Main theek hu aap kese hain?"

(I'm fine and you?)

"Hmm… main to sach mein theek hu lekin tum theek nhi ho. Batao kya masla hai?" She closed her eyes and let the tear slipped down from the corner of her eyes. 

(Hmm... I'm actually fine but you're not. Tell me what's the matter?)

"Aapko kese pta koi masla hai?"

(How do you know there is a matter?)

"Jaanta hu main tumhe, batao kya masla hai?" He asked but she stay silent and tears rolled down from her eyes. "Mummy ki yaad aa rahi hai?" He asked in a hushed tone and she sobbed but very next moment wiped her tears while cutting the call. She waited for his call for the next ten minutes but he didn't call back as he never called her ever in these three years other than two times. And those two calls had changed many things in between them.