FAIRY TALE: Foreword

FAIRY TALE / CEDRIC DIGGORY

EXTENDED SUMMARY

GIRLS LIKE DIANA BLACK DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. That's the thing about having a controversial last name attached to your first— it's like sticking to glue that won't rub off no matter how much you try. Having endured five years in Hogwarts, Diana had grown accustomed to the hushed whispers about her wherever she passed, mostly ranging from "She's the daughter of Sirius Black" to "How can a Black be in Hufflepuff?" Diana was used to them all, she knew to expect the unexpected.

 She wished they understood that Diana was yet another Hogwarts student who wore loss like an armour that could not crack. Diana knew what it was like to plaster a smile she did not mean (she was the niece of the representative of the Minister for Magic, after all) and she was not a stranger to the treachery in politics. 

Diana liked to preach that there was nothing left for her to lose, but there was. She was the blood— the daughter of the infamous mass murderer of twelve innocent muggles, who's to say she wouldn't give into the darkness one day? 

And then suddenly, the Gods from above decided to tug just one more string tethering Diana to her fate. That was when she heard it

When she first heard the pop, the world didn't seem sane anymore. She got thrown into random places, ripping the seams connecting time and space, then found herself living ahead in the future with no recollection of what happened in the wasted time... It didn't stop there, greeting the pop had become a daily routine. It tore through her mind, pushing her to the threshold of insanity until she realised that she was the victim of a Dark Curse. 

It wasn't difficult to zero down on who cursed her (Reminder: her father was a Death Eater who killed innocents) until she realised she wasn't the only one going through the pop.

So... it turned out that Diana was cursed with the pop by some random old geezer who had been dead for longer than Dumbledore was alive. A curse that was placed on her for one reason— her name. Of course, the universe had to bite her just she was related to Sirius. Diana Black was being punished for the long list of heinous, inhuman crimes committed by her ancestors— crimes that she wasn't even aware of, but was unsurprised, nevertheless.

After accidentally glimpsing into the future, Diana knew she had to break the curse. All of this, while dealing with real-life problems like breaking her sister's engagement, participating in the Quidditch tryouts without beating anyone bloody, and avoiding the (obvious to everyone) romantic advances of Cedric Diggory. 

All Diana wanted to do was protect the family that she had left, especially after her father escaped Azkaban and began his hunt for the Boy Who Lived and the Daughter He Probably Wanted Dead, and snuck through the powerful barriers of Hogwarts. 

But wait, what's that? Sirius Black was... innocent? 

She had too many problems and too little time. But if it was written in the stars, who was to stop Diana Black from saving her world?

DIANA BLACK / THE SAVIOUR 

~MARGARET QUALLEY

CEDRIC DIGGORY / THE LOVER

 ~ ROBERT PATTINSON

(others, as described)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter, all rights go to JK Rowling. However, the original characters, the plot, and certain subplots in the story belong to me. Plagiarism of any sort won't be tolerated.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

I've revised this story twice already, this is the third and hopefully the final version of it lmao. A few things I'll let you know -

📍this plot is heavily based/inspired by two shows—  Extraordinary You and Once Upon A Time! A lot of things in this fic will be based on certain concepts that took place in these brilliant shows

📍this is more of an OC-centric fic than a Cedric Diggory one, so you won't find our sunshine boy in every chapter. He's there though, and has a very significant role other than just being the love interest

📍 There are a LOTT more original characters than the ones mentioned here, you'll know when they appear. I honestly don't have a fixed face claim for any of the characters, but the fcs in the cast are basically the actors that are the closest to how I picture them in my head

📍Here's to hoping I don't abandon Fairy Tale for the third time 😍 thank you so much for clicking on this and I hope you enjoy reading 🥰