Arc 2: Love Conquers All! (14)

"You want to break up with me?" Su Ning said.

"How is that possible?!"

When he heard the words "break up," a sense of panic he couldn't explain swept over him. Wei Qing anxiously said, "I like you so much, how could I possibly break up with you!"

Su Ning pushed his hand away as he tried to wipe away her tears with a tissue. She looked at him with tearful eyes filled with indescribable sadness and deep disappointment.

"Don't lie to me... you already have a fiancee!"

"So you've just been playing with me this whole time..."

Su Ning turned her head away from him and sat up straight, wanting to leave his embrace.

"Don't go!" Wei Qing quickly reached out and pulled her back, tightly embracing her. He spoke in a panicked yet sincere tone, "Su Ning, you have to believe me, I really don't have a fiancee, and I'm not playing with you. I truly love you!"

"Su Ning, look into my eyes!"

"We've been together for so long, you can't possibly not know how I feel about you. I don't want to spend even a minute away from you, how could I possibly want to break up with you!"

His words left Su Ning stunned for a moment, as if he had convinced her.

However, before Wei Qing could relax, his mother scolded him, "What are you saying in front of Yurou?! What do you mean you don't have a fiancee? I'll tell you, Yurou is your fiancee!"

"For the sake of someone who's not fit for high society, you want to hurt Yurou's heart?!" Wei's mother held Yurou's hand tightly and comforted her, "Yurou, don't be angry. Aunt Wei will teach him a lesson!"

"Fiancee... An Yurou?" Wei Qing gave Yurou a cold glance. "So it was you who caused this mess!"

"Brother Wei Qing, it's not... " Yurou was scared by his tone and quickly stood up, "I didn't..."

"Yurou, sit down!" Wei's mother frowned and warned him with a look, "Don't be afraid of him. I'm here today, and we have to make things clear!"

"I want you to make things clear too!" Wei Qing retorted without hesitation, coldly laughing, "My precious baby came here happily today, and you've turned it into this. You're my mother, so I won't let you do anything, but An Yurou, if you don't apologize to Su Ning now, you won't want to know the consequences!"

"For the sake of an outsider!" Wei's mother was furious, "You! You!"

Seeing that the situation was about to become a standoff between mother and son, Su Ning tugged on Wei Qing's sleeve.

"Wei Qing, don't say anything."

Su Ning lowered her head and said, "I knew when Auntie Wei gave Yurou the bracelet meant for her future daughter-in-law that she didn't like me..."

"Baby, don't be sad. You don't need to care about her or try to get her affection."

"But..." Wei Qing saw that Su Qing kept glancing at the bracelet on An Yurou's wrist.

Wei Qing let go of Su Ning's hand and stood up, walking towards her with cold eyes. "Give it to me."

Madam Wei sternly said, "Don't give it to him!"

"I'll say it one more time. Give it to me!"

An Yurou instinctively took two steps back, but ended up sitting on the couch. When she handed over the bracelet, her fingertips were still trembling. The anger in his dark eyes made her feel scared.

When Wei Qing took the jade bracelet, his expression softened and he smiled faintly. "This bracelet was originally for my future wife. Now I'm giving it to you. You should know how much I like you now!"

Su Ning nodded lightly.

...

Wei Qing took her to the kitchen and brought out various strawberry-flavored ice creams that he had prepared for her.

"Pick whatever you want. They're all for you!"

Wei Qing supported his chin with his hand and grinned, "Do you have the urge to throw yourself into my arms?"

"Not at all!" Su Ning laughed.

Her phone on the table vibrated, and she opened it to find that it was a college admission notice sent out by the school, detailing which university each student in each class had been admitted to.

Mr. Wang, who had worked hard for a whole day and night to compile this document, held his thermos and looked at the teaching building outside the window with a satisfied smile, thinking to himself, 'Students don't need to thank the teacher. This is what the teacher should do!'

Wei Qing naturally also received this document.

Su Ning saw his fingers sliding down on the phone screen. She was in Class 23, the last file.

Is it still possible to escape by saying you need to go to the bathroom now?

When Wei Qing put down his phone, Su Ning knew that it was probably too late to run.