The Dragon

-Tighnari's PoV-

I've been spending more and more time locked up in my room, and, for some reason, getting much more easily and infuriatingly irritated. Plus, Cyno's making up even more amazingly hilarious jokes, which is helping lots. And I was definitely not being entirely completely sarcastic back then. Yep, definitely.

I'm worried about Collei. Everyone says that I should just focus on my present and current space and time, and not waste energy on someone superficial such as her. But I was her teacher, her master. I think being with someone long enough creates a link between them... or at least, that's what it feels like. And I don't know why, but whenever I think of Collei, I feel something hard and stony in my chest. Like contempt. Or abomination. Or hate.

I can always remember the days when we were happy and I didn't have to nag her (too much), and the days when she and I got along better. I feel like she's become more silent and ignorant ever since I put some – minor – restrictions in place. She avoids me, that I can tell. She is always hesitant about talking to me, however much she tries hide it, it's still extremely obvious. And that feeling of hate and contempt. I know she tries to hide it, but she hates me.

Sometimes, I heard her talking to the crystalflies at night. She would talk about how she longed to be free, and how painfully confined she is. She would talk about the days and nights when she was free to wander the paths and escape to the forests. A caged bird, she described herself. What she always said, was that she wished to fly free again.

- Collei's PoV-

I had destroyed Liyue. The fallen debris was scattered in a mass of dust and ashes, and most (well, less than that much, but let's be a little optimistic) of the citizens had been evacuated onto a large, rocky, peaky hill located some distance from the wasteland that once had been their home. Broken glass hung at my feet, devoid of their former vibrant colours. The futile shouts and protests of the people standing atop the pointed mount of land filled my ears with hate and pride, and I desperately, deliriously wished to put an end to their ludicrous bawling. I raised my hand once more, or so I tried. Some force was acting against me, something that was pulling my arm down. It was like my limbs were attached to chains, and then it was like my whole body was being bound to the floor, being exiled to the earth.

Then I realised that my own power was backfiring on me.

*Flashback*

"Just go!"

"Father, don't risk it!"

"I'll be fine! I'm just an old man with a winery!"

"Father!"

I had been peeking through the gates of Mondstadt. I actually got lost on the way back to Sumeru from someplace Japanese, but my curiosity got the best of me when I heard the screams and shrieks of whatever was within. I saw this great beast, a dragon, actually. I saw this red-haired boy, around 16, maybe, or 18 or something, and his dad, who pretty much looked the same as him except that the man had a beard and his eyes were sort of covered by some shadow.

The dad reached out with his hand, which was equipped with a Pyro delusion. I recognised them from what I saw in my travels to Sumeru. A shot of black fire was sent to engulf the violet dragon, who let out a painful screech upon coming in contact with the dark power. I wanted to run, to hide, to escape. But I kept on watching.

And then the man's power backfired on him.

*End of Flashback*

The chains tore at my flesh, sending crimson blood running down my torso and pooling into a kind of puddle at my feet. What was happening? Why is it happening? Why...

I kept that thought in my head for a long time, while a tugged and heaved with all my might to break the bindings of which was binding. And for a long time I also believed that my arms had broken off for some reason, but they didn't, which was a relief, and I knew because I was free.

At that very moment, a huge wave came splashing down on Liyue, including the giant hill. So I guess the wave was also very giant. It pummelled me to the hard concrete ground, and I couldn't start swimming upwards until the endless barrage of water ended, and as I said, it was endless. In the end, I did not drown, but instead a large, clawed indigo hand closed over my waist, and lifted me to the surface. That was how I saw the true form of Ursa.

Her face was charmingly jagged and sharp, and in a good way, or I wouldn't have used the word, "charmingly," with thin golden eyes and a long, pressed mouth opening. The rest of her body was like a typical western dragon, but more jaggy and edged than it was usually appropriate for a dragon to appear.

I had not forgotten about the backfiring, and I didn't know why it happened, but the way Ursa was now, made me believe that it wasn't her desire. She was very quite beautiful, really, and she didn't seem to want to eat me or anything. So I decided she was trustworthy.

It took quite some time for me to realise that I was not in Liyue anymore, but back in Sumeru. The exact place I did not wish to be. Not in a trillion years did I want to land back on the tip of an arrowhead. This was, by far, the most incredulously dangerous place I could actually ever be.

Yet Ursa took me here.

So it must have a meaning.

---------------------------

Yaaaayyyy!! A new chapter for you all 😁!!! OMG this is probably one of the most shocking moments of the book ehehe. Collei knew about Diluc's backstory! I expect to update more frequently in the future, because I have slightly beaten writer's block, however I would still really appreciate little prompts for me :D

I love all of you faithful readers, and I'm happy that you've all lingered onto me this far :D

Word count: 1042 words

Amazing word count!!!

~ FlametaiI-chan