Chapter One

Chapter One

Andrew

I've always been a fuck up.

I never really cared about the consequences of my actions or the future. I'm the type of person who lives in the moment and that's it.

The one time I finally am in a place in my life where I care enough to start thinking about the future... I fuck it up. Completely.

I feel like the biggest mistake in my life as of now was meeting Jean... I'm horrible... I hurt the love of my life...

The way we met was so dumb and straight out of a movie.

✨💔✨

I woke up that morning three years ago from some rando's apartment after a one night stand. It was a normal Tuesday morning, well one where I wasn't scheduled to shoot some corny porn movie.

While this rando was drooling on the pillow, I snuck out. I couldn't put up with the snoring and last night was sub par. Last night, I stared up at the ceiling while he was doing... whatever he was doing... I thought to myself, 'What am I doing with my life?'

I mean, it's not like I was gonna quit making movies, I'm good at what I do and my wallet is finally fatter than my ass, but... this whole... different men or women every other night wasn't what I pictured. It's awesome, but I want something different. Maybe I'm finally bored.

That day, instead of scrolling mindlessly on insta, or going to my apartment to sleep in till like 3PM, I just walked around the neighborhood. I curse my luck though, no ear buds, so this walk is just with me and my thoughts. My thoughts are reminding me of last night and I'm pretty sure I hooked up with a frat bro who was like a super super senior. God dammit, why did I forget my earbuds? I could be listening to music instead of thinking.

After wandering around, I made it to the college town of the area. All these restaurants, bars, and cafes in the area. Eventually, I see this really cozy bookstore with a cafe. It looked packed, but... I remember when I used to read all the time back in freshman year of high school... Yeah it was like five years ago, but I loved it back then. Maybe it will help change things up, I guess?

I go inside, walking around through the endless aisles of books. Some sections were all academic books, probably required for classes or whatever. There were other sections that were normal like historical fiction, fantasy, romance, young adult just to name a few. After searching the fictional section, I shrug to myself and decide to pick a philosophical fiction book to fuck with my mental state a bit.

After buying the book, I let my eyes wander a bit, taking in the environment. It was definitely a different vibe from what my typical day to day. Usually I found myself on some sort of weird adventure with friends or by myself. Like last week, I was bored after filming, I hit up my friends and we ended up blacking out in Vegas later that night after sneaking into a VIP party. For context, I typically live alone in Los Angeles. This is by choice. I'm not interested in committed relationships with people. My highschool lover can take credit for that because I sure as hell won't take responsibility for the damage they caused...

Anyways, I looked up and saw people walking upstairs, the cafe was on the second floor of the building. I made my way up the stairs. It was so cozy, but busy. It's full of students reading for fun and others with their study group. I quickly took my place in line to make my order. While I was waiting, I continued to look around and notice the school flags scattered around. Funny, I didn't realize I was at the college campus I had my heart set on when I was a sophomore. Looking at the groups of students all over the place just bummed me out. I'm 20... that could've been me studying with friends over stupid science classes or something.