Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Andrew

There's a loud knock that wakes me up. My head hurts. I cried myself to sleep again last night after a bad high and munching on the gift basket I ordered myself like a fat ass while Drag Race reruns played on the TV.

"Andrew, let me in!" A female voice says, sounding annoyed,

I whine and put a pillow over my face... Kill me.

"You've been MIA. We're worried about you."

It's Ariana, my older sister by four years. I bet Matthew, our older brother, probably asked her to check in on me. Ariana and I both live in Los Angeles while our brother and his family live down in San Diego. It's like a 2 and half hour drive, and as much as our brother loves me, I'm pretty sure Matthew wouldn't make his way up here every time he was concerned about me. The man has a wife with three kids to keep him occupied all the time. So, Ariana steps up to the plate to look after me when he can't make it.

"I'm calling the cops to break down your door and do a wellness check if you don't open up! We're just worried about you."

I inhale deeply and exhale, mentally preparing for the interrogation of what my unpredictable unstable ass was up to. I slowly crawl out of bed; I'm like a car just running on fumes with all the lights on the dashboard on.

"I'm okay. You can stop with the dramatics," I croak, my throat is sore. Not even in the sexy morning voice way, but like an old smoker.

"Open the door!" She shouts again.

I cough to clear my throat, "I'm coming!" I shout, "Jesus fucking Christ," I grumble to myself and finally make it to the door. I look through the peephole too, just to mentally prepare for her presence.

Ariana is standing there, arms crossed. She's dressed in a white crop top and black baggy sweatpants with her light brown hair in a messy bun. My poor basic older sister, all she needed now to complete the look was an iced coffee or matcha. Just another California girl.

I unlock the door and open it cautiously. As harmless as she looks, it was a facade.

I peek my head out seeing my very upset sister, "Can I help you?"

She huffs and pushes past the door, I'm a casualty as I yelp and fall on my butt like a little kid.

"Why have you been ignoring us?" She snaps, as she closes the door behind her, "It's like you disappeared off the face of the earth!"

Even though I obviously look like shit; (I've passed the mirror a couple of times and seen the acne, bags, and weight loss), Ariana has always been more of a... answers now, caring demeanor later.

I sigh as I look up at her, "Obviously working on my self care routine." I blink my long eyelashes innocently and gesture to the apartment in its depression era.

She rolls her hazel eyes. My loving sister offers her hand and I take it, getting up while gingerly rubbing my butt, "Look, I'm sorry. I've just been super busy," I explain, shrugging nonchalantly. "Nothing serious..."

She heads straight to the sofa and sits down, crossing her arms and watching me with sharp hazel hawk eyes. Great... interrogation mode. "Busy with what? Drag Race?"

"I'm researching to audition," I say, with a deadpan expression. I mean- truthfully, I dabbled in the past. Only issue is, I suck at makeup and it breaks me the hell out since I have sensitive skin so that career field is not really an option.

This was clearly the wrong answer because Ariana grabs a decor pillow and throws it at my head, I duck and it barely misses me.

"You just hate crimed me," I wail as if I had been wounded, shaking my head dramatically, "My own blood..."