Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Andrew

Bzzzt

Bzzzzt

Bzzzzzt

"Shut the fuck up...," I groan and cover my ears with one of the millions of pillows on my bed.

Bzzzzzzzt

Bzzt

Bzzt

Bzzt

I can already feel it. The second I open my eyes they're gonna burn and feel like heavy weights from all the crying from the previous night after last night's plan went to shit.

I mean, I shouldn't have been too shocked, but it was like the final nail in our dead romance coffin. I guess I was just hoping I still had a chance to fix it with our daughter's due date around the corner.

The buzzing sound continues, followed by a now loud pounding at my door.

"Leave me alone... it's too early for anything," I whine and smash my fists into some innocent pillows.

The buzzing continues. It. Just. Won't. Stop.

"Ugh! Fine! You fucking win," I grumble and open my eyes to start looking for my phone.

Unfortunately, I was right. My eyes felt like 20 pound weights as I struggled to even open them from how swollen they were. I don't even want to know what I look like right now, or I might start crying all over again.

Thankfully, I didn't have to search for too long. My phone was on the nightstand, buzzing away.

I grab it from the nightstand and look at who the hell was trying to get my attention so badly. It was Stevie and I opened his most recent text.

Scuba Stevie: Open up! I'm outside ❤️

Getting out of bed when I feel this shitty, feels like a big ask.

I'm tired... : Me

As soon as I open his text, he has a typing text bubble instantly.

Scuba Stevie: You're alive! 😃 Pls open up, your neighbors are being weird.

So much for avoiding getting up. I take a moment to mentally prepare myself and I roll over, off the bed. Having a big gut at this point is making it harder to do a whole lot. All I want to do at this point is lay down. I'm not at all excited for month 9 with how heavy my stomach has been weighing me down.

After crawling out of bed, I slowly make my way to the front door and let Stevie in. He rushes in, closing the door behind him and then sighing in relief.

"Thank you for finally letting me in," Stevie

"What? Were the neighbors offering you some crack?" I prod sarcastically, as I make my way to the kitchen, starting up the coffee maker, "Want coffee?"

Stevie huffs and follows me, "First of all, no; rudely enough, they did not offer crack, they just eyeing me weird since I was waiting for like 15 minutes. Secondly, yes please."

I smile sympathetically as I set down his favorite vintage looking mug I got for him when we went thrifting in either Melrose or Pasadena, I think. That mug was like love at first sight for him, he just didn't have the funds. After I bought it, I gave it to Stevie right away. He said it would be his designated coffee mug whenever he came over.