Chapter 8

Ashley's POV:

Without thinking I grabbed my gun and knife from the car and ran to the scream that came from inside the building. I then stopped right before I reached the door. Okay be smart Ashley. I quietly swung the door opened and tried to listen to any source of noise I could find.

"Where the fuck are you from?"

I followed the voice that came from behind a door. This place isn't too big so it wasn't too hard to find. I looked through the little peep hole in the door and saw Carl in there with a man around his 30's and he looked pretty tough if I do say so myself.

"Okay Ashley think what can you do." There's obviously no way of sneaking in there so I may just have to barge in.

"Alrighty on the count of 3. 1, 2,-"

"Make one move and I'll snap your neck." So there I stood not daring to make a move.

"Walk, try to run I shoot." I did as told and kept walking until he told me to stop. He walked in front of me and opened a door and pushed me in. He closed it and I heard him lock it.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I looked around the room for a way to escape but there's nothing. No windows not even any vents to crawl into. Are there any good people left in this world? Obviously not. I just sat down on the floor trying to think of a way to "save the day." It feels like I've been in here for hours. I really hope Carl is okay...

Carl's POV:

I've been tied in this chair for too long. My hands are starting to go numb. Surprisingly these guys haven't tried to hit me, well yet at least. Who is all in here? Do they have more people captive? Oh shit Ashley must be worried sick. I'm sure she's not in the car anymore so she's probably in here locked up just like me. I heard the door open so I looked up to be faced with two men.

"Okay here's the thing. You and whoever your little friend is have two options. Option 1, you both stay here and help us out with our group. Or then there's option 2. You guys stay here and we keep you with the other dumb asses that decided to stop and use the bathroom or whatever."

"Others? How many?"

"4."

"What would we do if we did join this group?"

'Exactly what we are doing now, and go find food and supplies. Even if that means hurting others."

"No fucking way." There's no way Ashley and I are doing that.

"Wrong choice." He cut the rope from my hands with his knife, cutting me a little and yanked my arm up.

"Go get the girl." The other man turned left to go get Ashley.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I screamed. The other guy just grabbed my arm even harder.

I heard a scream, Ashley's scream. I tried to get out of his grip but it was no use. And there they were, the man was dragging her by her hair. By this time I was furious and was trying as hard as ever.

"I've had enough of this little shit." I then got a huge blow to the head, I heard Ashley scream my name before everything faded out.

~

I woke up in a barley lit room. My vision is still a little blurry so I can't make out the figures in front of me. But I do feel a hand in mine so it must be Ashley's. The room is totally silent. I look over to her and she is asleep, hopefully they didn't do anything to her after I got knocked out.

"Carl." I heard a voice that wasn't Ashley's. I look over in front of me across the room and I couldn't believe it.

"Dad?" No way. I looked around and also saw Daryl Maggie and Glenn who were also asleep.

"I can't believe you Carl, you two ran away again? You could've gotten yourselves killed!" I was speechless. I let go of Ashley's hand and walked over to my dad, and hugged him.

"I know, I'm sorry." He didn't say anything he just hugged back.

"But you are coming home once we get out of this disaster, and we are all going to have a talk." I simply nodded and went back over to Ashley to check for cuts and bruises. There was a bruise on her left arm and a cut below her eye.

"Bastards."

"How did you guys get here?" I asked.

"We went looking for you guys. We weren't just going to let you guys go that easily. We had to be looking for at least a week. We got here and decided to look for supplies and take a small break and these guys did what I'm assuming did to you two. We've been here for about 5 days now."

"Well do we have an escape plan?"

"These guys are serious Carl, we've tried many things but they are always one step in front of us." We are officially screwed and it's all my fault. I just wanted my freedom like any normal teenager but I already had it. I mean me and Ashley got to share a house to ourselves. What more could I have asked for? When we get back we are staying we are not leaving, we are never ever leaving again.

I really hope everyone will still be able to trust us like they did. I hope the others stay asleep for awhile, I know we will be given lectures from all of them. But I'm not worried about that at the moment. I'm just glad everyone's safe, for now.

~End of chapter 8~

Thanks everyone! Please keep voting/ commenting it really helps me out.

BTW: I changed the cover of the story, hope you like it :)