Chapter 12

Kids PoV

I clenched my fist in anger. Do fucking mingo. He was gonna pay for his taking what's mine.

Staring at her shimmering eyes, I feel my temperature rising, but not from anger. Turning away so she can't see my face I get up and walk towards the door.

"You should rest more. I'll have the doctor come and check you...." I trailed off and looked at her stare turn into one of confusion." If he fucking tries anything. I will bash his head into the wall." I state dead serious. He better not cozy the fuck up with her. My temper plummeted to a peeved expression.

I head out the door and find Killer not too far from me. I turn to my buddy. "Gather everyone. We have a meeting to discuss." I tell him. He nods and collects everyone for the discussion room.

Y/n POV

Whew. I exhaled a breathe I didn't know I was holding in. It's not over yet, I can't let my guard down just yet. Someone comes in through the door and I fake a smile. If they noticed, they didn't act on it.

I knew this guy. A surgeon of death if I recall. I've only ever seen him once or twice. Kid hates this guy so much.

"Umm..." I start.

"I'm here only for business. How are you feeling Y/n-ya? You've been unconscious for quite some time. " He states, noticing my confusion.

" I've been better...." I drift off not remembering what his name was. Something about attorney or enforcement?

"Law" he answered my own thoughts. Damn, am I really that easy to read...?

"Right. Law." His eyes gleamed when I said his name out loud. It's a gleam I've seen before.. in people who only want me for my looks or body. They don't care about the real me. How could they when all they see is the surface... to think Law would be one of them..

" Now that your awake, that's a good sign. Shows you have a Will to live, and you've managed to get past the east part. The next part will be tough. Your leg will never come back. You'll have to work around it. I can assist in the healing process but the rest is up to you." Law said removing the covers and inspecting my injury. " luckily they only tore at the joint of your leg. The knee. It makes the healing process run more smoothly."

Yeah. Lucky me... this little shit. No wonder Kid hates him. Does he even have a heart? He's so nonchalant.

"..." I just stare at him. He looks like he's enjoying seeing me like this. Maybe that's just his doctor side but it almost gives me the creeps.

"Also. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But you look good. Why do you always wear so much clothing?" Law's words made my heart freeze and my head ache. Why? Why should I even have to explain it to the likes of him. Him, who only looks at me with those eyes. Eating away at my image like wolves.

Why do I have to keep hiding? Why can't I just be free of these burdens. My family lost their lives to it. Am I fated the same way?

I wasn't gonna speak a single word to this man. The very same people who've caused me to hide in the first place. I remained silent, avoiding eye contact, I tired to shut him out completely. Just as I had been shutting out the world. There are no problems to what can't be seen right? If I hide I won't even have to deal with this. But he already knows now. And he's...

A light bulb clicked in my head.

He's not the only one who knows...

No. He's not.

But why do I feel so much more revolted with Law. I can't stand him seeing me. Looking at me. Why does it feel different. Like it's always been in the past, their eyes are like a nightmare come true.