Chapter 13 - Avoided

Kita Shinsuke did not foresee it, yet here he was, acknowledging himself as a fool. It was the logical conclusion to how he was being illogical for quite some time now.

"Shin-chan, here's your towel," F/n told him as she handed over the piece of fabric with a smile.

The girl was not sure if it was just her or did the captain stuttered slightly as he replied, "Yeah," while gesturing a nod before grabbing the towel from her hand and made his way to grab a water bottle.

When another practice break came, she handed him a water bottle instead since he was already wiping himself with a towel and just like earlier, she was not sure if she was just imagining the slight stumble of his "Yeah," or not when he gestured another nod before taking the bottle and made his way to his teammates to give some feedbacks.

When the practice was finally over and it was time to clean up the gym, F/n called out to Kita. "Let me help you with that, Shin-chan," she told him with a smile as she moved to sit down beside him to wipe the volleyballs clean before returning them to the rack.

"N-No," he stopped her. "It's alright, F/n-san. You can help folding the towels instead."

"Oh," she responded. "Okay then," she added before making her way to Aran who was grabbing the towels for him to fold.

"Ah... Is it just me or is the Cap'n avoiding L/n-san?" Osamu asked.

"Dunno," Suna answered. "For me, it looks practically normal. It's not like he's running away from her or something."

"Yeah, but during breaks, he immediately went to us right after L/n-san hand him a towel or a water bottle," Kosaku said.

"What? Isn't that what the captain always do during breaks? Give us feedbacks?" Ginjima refuted.

"Know what? Without my dumbass of a twin, we can't get into an agreement since we're both split evenly about this," Osamu said to his fellow second years and somewhere in the All-Japan Youth Intensive Training Camp at Tokyo, Atsumu sneezed.

"Hi, Aran-kun," F/n greeted. "Shin-chan wants me to help you with the towels."

"Sure, knock yourself out," he responded and the girl sat down as she started folding the towels being gathered by the ace.

Aran looked at F/n for a second before turning his attention to Kita who was silently doing his part of the job much slower compared to two people simply folding towels seemingly at the speed of light. He once again looked at the girl helping him, just in time for him to caught her taking a glance at the captain and then smiled with a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, thank goodness, I thought you two got into a fight or something," the ace finally let out a sigh of relief that he never knew he held.

That made F/n chuckle. "We're far from a fight, Aran-kun," she told him.

"Then, I take it that the date went well," Omimi joined in their conversation as he and Akagi finished rounding up all of the water bottles, but then the girl shook her head.

"It was perfect," she corrected as there was a huge difference between the two words.

"Oh! I see, I see," Akagi was glad to hear it. "Though, what's with the distance? I don't get it," the libero wondered.

The girl hummed as she finished folding the last towel already and put it along with the others, recalling the slight redness at the tip of Kita's ears whenever she approached him during breaks and when he told her to help Aran instead. "Let's just say that what Shin-chan did before we slept that night was the icing on the cake to that spectacular date and now he's getting shy about it," she answered with mischievous eyes.