16.

A Lot Of Confessions;
& Acceptance.

Love Willows.

Love always knew that not every man that was infatuated with him was the one, it was the allure of his appearance that gave the lot of them these mixed feelings which they didn't have the guts to act on, —except a few who dared but Love had never let them come close enough to truly be part of his life, and then there were those he had adored, —and fallen in love with at one point.

"How did you, ahem know?" Maverick asked Love who sat opposite him in the fancy restaurant Maverick had asked the two have a late lunch at, since both of them didn't have classes. "It wasn't hard to figure out, the day you helped him get back home, both of you acted weirdly afterward and I suspected something happened." Love explained and Maverick nodded with a snicker.

"I'm sorry Love, I just, I couldn't keep my hands to myself I guess, in that moment I just saw him and fuck!" Maverick groaned, Love just waited patiently for him, he didn't want to confuse Maverick any further with his actions because it seemed he was already unraveling. "Breathe." Love whispered and the teen opposite him did, calming down. "I'm sorry, its just complicated, I should've told you about how I felt, you're my closest friend and I should've been able to tell you but I couldn't." Maverick confessed making Love quirk a brow.

"Why didn't you then, why did you sleep with my best friend then pretend like everything was okay, you still acted the same as if you had feelings for me." Love pointed out with narrowed eyes. "I do, I still do, I feel something for you Love but I'll be honest, its not what I felt with Simon, my feelings for you felt obligatory because you felt something for me, I didn't want to let you down." Maverick sighed leaning back into his seat, the hurt wasn't just in his eyes, it was evident on Love's face as well.

"So if Simom hadn't been part of my life, if nothing had happened, you would've continued to pretend and hurt me even more?" Love questioned wondering why Maverick would do something like that. "I'm sorry Love, I know its cruel;" Maverick was paused as Love hit the table with his fist. "Damn right, you're supposed to be my friend, my confidant, when everything fell apart for me, you were there for me, you could've been honest with me." Love asserted as finally realization between both of them set in.

"You have every right to be angry, and if you don't want to see my face again, I'll understand that but Love, I am truly sorry for what I did and if I could take it back I would, I never meant to hurt you." Maverick apologized as finally Love understood, it was in the lessons he got from his parents when they were still together that at times people can claim to love you and they do but that love wasn't what you thought it was, it was not affectionate, passionate or deeply rooted, it was on the surface, like immediate care for a stranger or someone you knew, love had different forms, even respect was in itself a form of love.

"I forgive you, not because of your apology, or your confession, I forgive you because I have been in this situation way too many times, also because I know you're still discovering what it means to be yourself, all the sides of yourself, and despite me being a guy I don't think I'm your type, Simon or someone on the swim team may just be." Love exclaimed and Maverick scoffed. "I'm yet to understand myself but Simon said the same thing before telling me off, Love I felt something for Simon but it seems he doesn't or rather your mom convinced him otherwise." Maverick exclaimed not surprising Love at all.

His mother always meddled with all his friends, she called it the protective scare tactic, he called it an annoyance. "If she's convinced him of something I'm sure Simon already had thoughts about it before and my mother just pushed it forward." Love muttered and in a way it seemed he was defending her but it was the truth. "Are you being for real right now?" Maverick demanded downing the rest of his juice.