Prologue

The girl in the mirror looked like she had spent her whole life in bed, eyes swollen and red from crying and brown tresses in need of serious washing. The girl in the mirror sees the world with a brand new pair of eyes. She had lost so much. They could see in her eyes how broken she is, although she would never admit such thing.  

The girl in the mirror looked back at me. Then she started crying. The pain was so raw, lashing at my heart, tearing the healing wounds back open. I was enraged. I was angry at the world, at everyone and at myself. If only I had listened..  

There isn't anything to hold onto anymore. Everything that I grip on slips from my fingers like threads of water. There isn't any hope. All was lost, and I could feel myself fading away. He is gone. Everyone is gone. They left me all by myself.  

They're not here because of you, the voice in my head spoke, taunting me. It's all your fault.

The words echoed repeatedly, sharp as knife and at the same time, the complete truth.    

You killed them. You killed them all. 

I wanted to scream no! That it wasn't me. That I didn't do it on purpose. But I was lying even to myself.  

They trusted you.   

And I failed them.