Chapter 3| "What are you doing out here?"

After what felt like forever El felt the bus come to a stop she looked out of the window and smiled she was in the town the man was in she got up and started her walk out of the bus when she was fully out she walked down a path that led to the town she had to walk through woods and hundreds of trees before she found a street and sat down for a moment she was sure it was late but she didn't have to walk that long because the bus left her seemingly close to the town.

She got back up and started to walk down the street looking for the motel she saw the man go into in the void she walked a little longer before the motel came into view she sat on the side of the road again she felt like her legs were about to fall off she had been walking for a while and didn't take any breaks eventually she got up again and kept walking it was a very cold night and her jacket didn't seem to cover her that well she kept walking until she was near the motel she pulled the photo out again and went into a state of concentration her surroundings changed buildings, streets, and people fading and blending together until they merged and the darkness eventually consumed her vision she'd found the void she looked around until she found him and his motel number she took a deep breath coming out of her concentration wiping her nose as blood trickled down she wobbled it had taken a lot out of her and her body that was still exhausted from her last two visits to the void she'd eventually found the strength after steadying herself and walking slowly around the motel until she could find the room she she was looking for she kept walking and walking until she found the front of the motel and spotted the door.

She took a deep breath standing in front of the door that the man was behind she felt her hands shaking a little and took another deep breath trying to calm her nerves she felt a little freaked out and scared but raised her trembling hand to the motel door with a big 11 placed on the side and knocked.

——

Sam and Dean had just arrived a couple of towns away from Hawkins. There weren't going to stop at all and keep driving until they got to the town but they were both so tired and exhausted they had to stop and stay at a motel for the night.

"There's one right there." Sam said pointing at the motel coming into view Dean took a breath and parked into the motel "Hah." Dean let out as he leaned against the seat and looked over at Sam. Sam pulled the door and got out walking to the motel and getting them a room for the night he walked back to the car "Room 11." He said throwing the other key at Dean for when he came back to the motel Sam knew he was about to go to the bar Dean nodded and sat up again Sam shut the door and walked to the room sitting on one of the beds before pulling out his laptop and going to sit on the table in the room to look through the articles about Hawkins for a few hours.

——

After a few hours Sam looked at the time it was around 2:10 am he sighed and sat up to grab a beer from the fridge he popped it open and took a sip when he heard a knock he raised an eyebrow they weren't expecting anyone and Dean had a key he picked up a knife and slowly made his way to the door he looked out the side window but saw no one he was even more weirded out by it he kept walking to the door and opened the door hiding the knife so it wouldn't be seen he looked around but saw nothing he was a little confused and you could see it on his face until he looked down his eyes grew wide "Uh." He hummed trying to get himself together throwing the knife somewhere "What are you doing out here?" He asked looking down at the small child in front of him.

——

El was still a little nervous even when she knocked on the door she patiently and quietly waited outside of the door hoping someone would answer quickly and hopefully it would be the man Sam was his name she believed hopefully she wasn't wrong.

She heard someone slowly walking to the door she grew even more nervous and less confident the closer they got to the door she heard the door creak open and looked up she smiled a little seeing it was the man Sam that opened the door she felt so happy and excited to see him he looked around and there was confusion evident on his face her smile slowly fell and was replaced with confusion as well what was he looking for? She looked behind her and around looking as well she stared back at him and jumped a little at seeing him staring right at her looking taken aback.

"Uh." He hummed before throwing something she tilted her head a little wondering what he threw "What are you doing out here?" He asked smiling softly at her "Are you Sam Winchester?" She asked her hands and voice shaking taking the picture of his ID out of her bag and showing him it she looked down after his eyes widened "Yeah that's me." He said squatting down to her level to see her eye to eye "Why do you want to know?" He asked still smiling at her tilting his head down to see her face she gulped and looked slightly up at him "Uhm." She said "Uh." She said again "You- You know my mom." She said holding the ID close he tilted his head even more confused but not wanting to make the girl even more scared then she already was he'd noticed the shaking even before she did it was obvious she was trying to hide it so he wouldn't say anything he'd just try his best to help.

"Who's your mom?" He asked he knew a lot of women and he didn't really understand why she came to find him when she could just go to her mom "My moms names Terry." She said in a soft low voice he grew a little more confused he knew a couple of Terry's man and women "She has severe catatonia and can't communicate." She said speaking again he smiled softly and sympathetic at the girl "What's your moms last name?" He asked wanting to help her know about her mother he knew immediately when she said that she wanted to know about her mother but he needed her last name to know "I- Ives." She said she didn't know why he asked for a last name but she's fine with sharing.

His eyes grew wide he looked at the girl looking her over —Terry had another kid? He'd thought looking at the girl and now come to think of it she looked pretty similar to her "I know her." He said still faint shock he never knew Terry had another daughter after Jane he didn't think she'd move on so quickly after there child was taken the girl looked around the same age Jane would've been if she was still alive he smiled at the girl again "Come on let's go in." He said walking into the motel and moving from the door letting her in she looked tired and cold and as someone who was once a father he couldn't leave her like that.

She walked in and sat on one of the chairs putting the ID back into her bag pocket she didn't want to give it to him it was hers to keep he sat in the seat in front of her and moved the lap top out of his way and waited for the girl to speak but it seemed as she wasn't going to "So what do you want to know about your mother?" He asked.

——

Ok I know I said I was done but I want to make up for lost time and upload a bunch of chapters of all of my fanfics and possibly finish the two fanfics I started months ago so hello to everyone reading this next month I'm going over all of the chapters to rewrite them so you'll only have the originals for a while so see you later!

Words 1466