Prologue

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

My gaze is locked on the approaching tall, dark figure in the distance. Despite his sunglasses, I can already tell that it's him. The guy that makes my heart dance to the tune of his smooth, velvety voice. The one whose smile makes my head swim.

Jason Jeffrey.

Jay Jay.

He's another Okocha in the making. Jason is the University of Ibadan's star football player and some former minister's son, if the rumours around campus are true. I wonder when he'll tell me about it. I probably should ask him. A smile brushes my lips. We never really talk anyway; he's always too preoccupied with lavishing me with praises and romantic words. Not that I'm complaining.

Jason reaches me and I can see that lazy grin that sweeps all UI girls off their feet. I'm not an exception. Even through his dark shades, I can feel his piercing gaze. He removes them and tucks them in his cute short hair with the slight curls at the tips. His eyes exposed, I see them raving about me without shame. I can't help my smile. I bought this miniskirt just for him. His lips lift further as he steps completely under the tree with me and snags my waist in his large, capable hands.

"Hey, baby," he says, his lips against my cheek. He kisses the corner of my mouth when I smile.

My heart is thudding as he talks about how he's missed me during his classes.

"Thought of you all day. Every other girl's face looked like yours today." That voice...

I giggle helplessly. "Really?"

"Oh, baby. You don't know how much I want you."

His hands are creeping lower down my hips. Warning bells start to go off in my head. I try to put some space between us, even though I like what he's doing. I can't deny it.

"Jason," I start. My voice comes out really throaty.

Jason laughs softly and pulls me even closer. His lips are trailing kisses along my jaw before I know it.

God, help me, I think weakly as my knees buckle and my eyes slide shut. I clamp my mouth shut to prevent the sounds that threaten to come from my throat. It's what happens everytime he starts kissing me like this. I begin to enjoy his expert mouth so much that I forget myself and my composure. This is what I've been missing all those years in the boarding school I attended for the past six years of secondary school, and it's driving me crazy.

"I want you, Anjola," Jason says against my throat just before he pecks me on the lips.

I close my eyes, wanting more. When he doesn't kiss me again, I open my eyes and look into his gorgeous brown ones. The longing and desire in them cause my stomach to heat up. They draw me in, making my young heart soar even higher than it already has. "Jason..."

"Yes, baby, I've wanted you since the day I laid eyes on you."

This isn't the first time he's saying it. I feel so grateful that, of all the girls on campus, it's me he has chosen to be with. I'm just in my first year, while he's in his fourth and final year. Besides, he's the most handsome guy around here. I should adore him and give him everything.

I met Jason during the orientation for fresh students. That was two months ago. He got my contact and didn't let me rest until I started dating him. My mum would kill me if she saw me right now, but I'm eighteen. An adult. Besides, I'm a Christian, and I'm waiting until marriage to have sex. Jason agrees with my beliefs. He's a Christian, too. In fact, he's followed me to my fellowship severally. It's not like we're doing anything sexual; it's just a few kisses, that's all.