012 | illecebrous beginning

SERENA

SERENA

The sun was scorching. As the honey blonde walked down the road with sweat dripping from her forehead, she wanted nothing more than to slap some common sense in her. Serena was going to meet May in the hospital and she had turned Ash down to give her a ride. She was sure she would get a taxi but her phone had been dead and there was not a single one in sight. 

"Curses on me, I should have taken him up on the offer" Serena grumbled in annoyance. Even though she said that, she wasn't entirely regretful about it. It was better than sharing the same space as him and having her heat skip beats and choke her to death. Yeah, right. She wanted to live a peaceful life till all of her teeth falls out. And Ash's handsome face was dangerous for her weak heart. 

"Ouch!" She yelped out when suddenly, her body collided with another person who had walked out of the boutique. Serena helplessly watched herself fall on the ground, her hips aching at the impact. She groaned, looking at the other woman whose bags had scattered on the ground. She quickly got up and apologizing profusely, started picking up the shopping bags. 

"I am really, really sorry. I wasn't looking" Serena parroted, embarrassed. She lended a hand to the woman. 

"Its okay, you don't have to" The woman insisted with a deep French accent as she began picking up the rest. Serena handed her the ones in her arm. It was then that the honey blonde took note of the one she had collided with. She had puffed and dyed blue hair, a few shades lighter than Dawn's. Her eyes were a bright orange, like the flames of firewood. Serena could guess that she was from a very well-to-do family considering the expensive signature design outfit of Valerie that she had worn.

"Thanks for your help" The blue haired woman smiled gratefully. 

"Yeah well, it was my fault so -" Serena smiled back sheepishly. Suddenly, a car came to a screeching halt a small distance away from her. Serena turned to look at Mercedes-Benz which had its window rolling down as a familiar face popped out. It was Drew Hayden, the one she had met in the café and the mall. What was he doing here? 

"Mr - uh, Drew?" Serena stuttered, remembering that they were on first name basis now. She hadn't expected to see him. Or more like, she hadn't expected him to stop the car on seeing her. It would have been understandable if he had drove past her. Drew removed his sunglasses and smiled at her in greeting. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, still smiling. He was wearing casuals and Serena guessed that he was probably having a day off. She wondered if she should ask him to give her a ride but considering her position as a mere attendant, it would be rude. Maybe she could ask him to lend her his phone for a minute. 

"I was on my way to meet May" Serena replied, wiping the sweat from her forehead. Drew's eyes flickered her sweaty and tired face. He wasn't sure if she was trying to be fit by walking for this long or she wanted to save money. It was likely the second one to him. He was going to meet Gary but he changed his mind. Instead, he asked her.