#3.

But I don't want to stay in the middle.

i was sitting in a familiar cozy cafe, staring blankly into my laptop screen

i was sitting in a familiar cozy cafe, staring blankly into my laptop screen. the calming music and small chatter among the people in the cafe was all around.

i was subconsciously sipping my drink, not in the mood to start studying.

...man, nothing interesting was happeni-

"well, you look quite bored today." i jumped a little, not expecting to see ike today.

"HU- oh its you, ike!" smiling at my startled self, he grabs the chair in front of me and sits down.

"haha, sorry if i scared you. but is anything on your mind?" he relaxes into the chair as he looks directly at me with a smile, making me nervous.

"it's uh- nothing really. i just haven't really gotten in the mood to study.." closing my laptop, i looked out the window.

"oh i get that! well, since it seems like we both aren't doing much, how about we go somewhere?" ike offered.

"hmm.. we could go to the library together if you want! we could study there or- you like novels right? if you could give me any good recommendations that would be great." excitedly, i start packing up my things.

"that's a good idea. shall we head out then?"

we were both out of the cafe and onto the sidewalk, making our way to the campus library

all of a sudden i decide to speak up.

"ike?"

"yes, y/n?"

"what do you like to do? we just haven't really talked about our interests that much and...well-" not really having thought of what to say beforehand i immediately start to feel like a fool. i fluster up, looking straight ahead.

after having no response from ike i turn towards him."uh, ike?"

"..ah sorry, it's just quite cute when you fluster up like that." the two toned haired man teasingly says, as he looks over at you.