Chapter 1 Recovery/Flashback

During those three years in America (Together)

Not everything in this story is mine, I've used parts of the story in the manga to help with the plotline. I've also adjusted some of the parts to help move the story along. Not everything is verbatim like the manga. I have filled in with my own interpretation of what I believe happened off screen in the story. I do take credit for my own work, but I take no credit for the story line of the manga Morarity the Patriot.

Chapter 1: Recovery/Flashback

Liam had been unconscious since I'd awoken from my coma/rest after the fall into the Thames River. I walked over to his bed to see the damage done. He slept so silently; his blonde hair scattered about on the pillow his head lay upon. His eye was bandaged, and I could see the area around his eye had received some bruises and scars, and I concluded it was to be permanent scaring. His breath was barely audible as I watched his chest rise and fall with each breath while he slept soundly.

My mind flashed back to what went on prior to us arriving in some strange room.
Liam was planning on killing the Nobles of Parliament to end all evil of those who used the weak for their own benefit and to create a new world. He had asked for me to be present when the time came for him to end his life. I met him on top of the unfished bridge over the Thames River. I was hoping to talk some sense into him about his final plan and how it was going to end. We were fighting upon the bridge, and then we stopped. William had said he was ready to die, and I couldn't let that happen. Even though he had revealed himself as the Lord of Crime, I couldn't let him go through with his final plan. What was this thing that was causing me to want to save the man who had strung me along and used me in his crimes. "Enough fighting, the time has come."

"Do you really expect me to standby and just watch you die?" Liam stood there and just smiled, then took a step back off the bridge, beginning his plunge towards death. I yelled as I ran forward to grab him, "You stubborn jackass!" I grabbed him by his hand and struggled to keep hold as he dangled in the air. William: "Why would you try to save me?"

"Liam, it doesn't have to come to this... I can't let you do this; you can still live and atone for your crimes. I've thought of you as a friend ever since that first-time meeting." Liam then took his sword and slashed the blade across my arm, causing me to let go of his hand. "You idiot, that won't stop me." I plunged and fell towards Liam. I managed to grab him and pulled into my chest as we plunged into the river. I would not let his man die alone. I had never met someone who was as equally experienced and witty as I was in intellect.

He and I had run into each other various times, and our conversations were so intriguing.

That time on the train where we worked together to solve a mystery murder even though it was a friendly competition to see who could solve the case first.

Another time was the case with the artist and a painting that had been ruined. John and I had been taking a stroll when I spotted William and his brother Louis taking a bath in the public bathing area. That time was quite unnerving to me seeing William stark naked... bathing in public. I was unsettled at the sight of his toned chest. Even lower still, he was completely bare below his waist. The thought of it stirs these feelings in my chest and my mind.

No, I couldn't start thinking that way. We were strictly just good friends. There was no way he would think of our relationship in that manner. What's more is Liam still hadn't woken up from his coma.

Just then, a knock came from outside the room. "Come in,"

"Ah, I see you've awoken, you mustn't move too much you injured your arm badly."

"I'm fine. How's William? What is his status as of now?"

"He's currently stable and recovering, but he has to choose to live on his own. "

Sherlock signed and glanced over at William. You can't die on me; you need to find the strength to live on.

"Um, before I forget, who are you?"

"My apologies for not introducing myself. My name is Billy, also known as Billy the Kid. "

"How'd we get here?"

Billy went on to explain the details of what had happened to the two men and how they'd ended up in this room.

"What did you come here to really talk about?"

"I have a job for you, Mr. Ponytail. Of course, I'm not going to ask you to start immediately, seeing as you have just woken up. You'll need time to recover and decide if you want to accept my offer."

Sherlock would have to start a new life. As of now, he and William were both seen as criminals and murders. A new start wouldn't hurt. "Fine, I'll take the job."

I haven't even explained what it is yet.

"You can tell me the details while we take a stroll."

You should be resting...

"I'll be fine, I'm sick of being couped up in this room."

Sherlock and Billy decided to take a stroll in town. While walking, Billy explained the details of what he did and what the job was requiring.

I returned back to the room and opened the door, startled. I began to worry, William was not in his bed. I glanced around the room but didn't see him. Where could he have gone? "Liam!" I yelled.

Dashing out of the doorway, I sprinted down the hall towards the balcony. I saw the laundry was hanging, and there on a bench was a blonde-haired man sitting staring out into the horizon.

I slowly made my way forward to the bench. I was filled with relief to see that William had chosen to continue on and live.

I sat down next to Liam and took a deep breath. "Thank you, Liam."

Liam sat there silent for a moment but then spoke. "I should be the one thanking you, Sherly. It was you who said death is no atonement. I had wanted to ignore my sins. It's because of you that now I can truly feel that way from the bottom of my heart. But... it's a blank. I'd never thought once that my story would have a continuation, it seems unseemly of me, Sherly. I don't know what to do from here on out. No, to be precise, I know what I must do. Though, as for the right way to go about it, I don't have an answer. All this time, I've never been interested in myself as a person, and so now when it came to my own self, all the sudden I didn't know what to do...but the one thing I knew for sure...was that I enjoyed being with you...Meeting you had changed my world. That day when you saved me, my world became full of color. That someone like me had a heart: that's what came to mind. Now everything feels so dear to me."

Sherlock sat there listening to William silently pondering all he heard in his heart.

"Liam..., all this time you had a past and present though you never really had a future. Your life is now a blank canvas. You have the ability to paint it as however you see fit. You'll find an answer, maybe by struggling, but when you do, it'll be the right one. So, struggle on Liam. You've taken the first steps towards living, and if you were able to take that first step, then I'm sure you can paint any kind of future."

Moriarty and Sherlock sat there in silence, gazing out into the sky for some time before William decided to go back to the room. Sherlock was relieved, no thankful that his friend had chosen to live.

"Where's William?"

Back in the room.

"It's a good thing he's chosen to live because you've been so worried about him."

"Shut up!"

"It's not like that. He's just a really good friend. We get along well and are similar in ways. He's an interesting chap. It's just easy with him."

"He'd probably say the same thing about you, Sherlock."

"Pfft yeah, alright. Whatever you say, Billy..."

Billy turned around and said as he walked away. "Yeah, well, I can tell otherwise..." Billy winks as he turns around to walk out the door.