American Whore

Lily Rodriguez was an up and coming Actress in Hollywood. She's been in a few movies here and there, but what sadly got people's attention was who she's dated over the years.

From Timothée Chalamet to Harry Styles, you name it she's been associated with them. But it never ended well for either of them. Whether they were together or just friends, the media always found a way to ruin it.

Guys her age just weren't it for her. They used her for fame or just straight up treated her like shit. The past couple of months, she's been steering away from the dating game. Her main focus right now was her movies. She booked 3 new ones for this year, which is a new record for her.

She is currently set to film La La Land with Ryan Gosling. She's super excited about the project. The news has been everywhere. It's all the tabloids can talk about.

Tonight was a big night for her. It was the oscars. This was her first nomination throughout her entire career. She had just turned 24 and has been acting since she turned 18 and booked her first movie, Juno.

Lily was cleaning her apartment awaiting her crew to knock on her door at any second. Her legs felt like jelly. It's never been this bad for an event. What was even worse is that she was going to be arriving alone this year.

The years prior she always arrived with one of her companions. This was her first year alone. It made her feel like shit. She knew deep down she didn't need anyone but it still hurt to show up stag.

She sat on her living room couch, bouncing her leg in anticipation. She heard the knock at the door and jumped up. She ran over to the door and opened it with a large smile. "Hey lily!" Her makeup artist, Rose, said as she hugged her when she walked in.

"Ugh rose I missed you" I said as I melted into the hug. "It's been a minute hasn't it? Since..." Rose paused for a moment. "The grammys" I finished her sentence as I let my head down.