𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

"Dream, where is she!?" Sapnap ran up to the man, holding his shoulders in the cold which dogged him - though the snow melted near to him most of the time. The man took off his mask and showed dead eyes, and barely an attempt to smile as he usually would have.

"I'm sorry Sapnap, she's out there," he nodded behind him, "she won't be hard to miss, if you're fast enough. She put up a good fight for someone who didn't want to anyway, so... you can follow my blood." He couldn't even express anything in his voice, he couldn't bring himself to. He felt terrible for backstabbing them both the way he had. No matter how much he wanted to pretend it was a stick-up for Cassandra to lose her guard, he knew it was all the truth and it was him who pulled his walls down first.

"What do I do if she's dead..." he muttered as Dream looked back, "I couldn't even yell at Venus, it was my fault anyway wasn't it? And Techno woulda defended her regardless. God, Dream, what am I gonna do?" He looked at the face of the man and blinked away tears of panic. Dream also began tearing up as he pinched the bridge of his nose to try and get rid of his guilty tears.

"Fuck you man, I never feel bad for this sort of thing... don't come to her killer for help, idiot, go after her." He pushed away and slipped on his mask, Sapnap watched him go before he sprinted into the snow, speeding up and slipping as his contact to the floor melted the snow, letting it freeze and ice instantly to make him stumble on his way to the slowly disappearing trail of red Dream left behind. He felt too desperate, like at that moment, he would burst into flames. That sort of memory would only push him forward, as he could see a fading pool of red amongst the heavy fog - the snow was coming down harder as time passed.

He was losing sight of the red, he could only see it appear in front of him as a mere glimpse before it evaporated with his heat, but he made it, he could see her hair sticking out under the snow.

There was a cry of joy as he rushed over and reached for her, falling to his knees as he felt his body grow in heat at the sight of her. She was beaten, bruised and bleeding. But she probably couldn't feel it if her limbs and lips had gone purple from the cold biting and wrapping around her. He straddled her and pulled her up to see if she was conscious, and she was, she blinked at the sight of him slowly,

"Ah, Sapnap," she sighed quietly, he choked out a terrible retort - so used to her yelling his name from a distance or with a small smile on her face. And now, it was a wide smile over the contradicting tone, "you'll get cold," she warned as he shook his head,

"Cassie, oh God, please stay," he pulled her up as she groaned and leaned back. He cursed as she fell back into the snow, whatever tension which rose in trying to keep her alive only grew, as she laughed. At least she wasn't coughing up blood violently, the right organ for that wasn't hit.

"And face the humiliation of knowing I love you?" She chuckled at the thought as he stopped and looked at her,

"That's embarrassing?" He wondered and she laughed fully and pushed herself up weakly,

"No, not loving you, just the fact I'm able to." She failed and dropped back into the snow, "well... I'd recommend going back," she suggested and watched him shake his head,

"Stop wanting to die, it doesn't suit you." He smiled through those tears which fell from his face. Entertained all the same, she listened and wrapped her arms around his neck. Sapnap didn't like how loosely they rested at the back of his neck, as he wrapped his arms at her back where the sword still in her was sticking out, and he pulled her up, "Dream kept the sword in you so... we have time," he sighed in relief as he tried to calm down. She rubbed his back and smiled at him,

"Well, I can't not listen to you." She confessed and rested her head on his, as they dragged across the snow.

The weather was growing overwhelming, and though Sapnap had a species advantage, being naturally warmer and more toasty to be around (much to the numb Cassandra's comfort), he still found himself being unable to fight against all of the weather, and with it forever increasing in precipitation, he found even himself growing cold. Cassandra coughed and yawned, tired and in pain as she trudged through the snow with increasingly heavy limbs.