01

୨୧ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ୨୧

01

PARK HA-EUN WALKED INTO a dimly lit club, having received a memo from the board of directors about an emergency that needs both her and her older brother

PARK HA-EUN WALKED INTO a dimly lit club, having received a memo from the board of directors about an emergency that needs both her and her older brother.  she glanced in disgust as she passed by a couple of men fighting each other in the hallway, eager to get into the main room to finish her objective.

but when she turned towards the main room, she was surprised when the soul of the man joong-gil was supposed to escort was thrown across the room, close to where his physical body lies dead and unconscious.

ha-eun was joined by su-in and jae-hee a few seconds after her older brother stood from watching the soul beg for gods' help, motioning for the two to hand him the tablet as he passed a nod to ha-eun's direction in acknowledgment.

"sung chi-wook, born 12:04 a.m. on july 16, 1984, this life has been collected. escort him." joong-gil declared as su-in escorted the soul to the company.

joong-gil then turned to ha-eun as soon as su-in disappeared with the soul, "what are you doing here?" he questioned, walking by her side while jae-hee followed behind the two.

"an emergency summons from the board of directors," ha-eun answered, glancing at her older brother who seemed to immediately get an idea of what the said 'emergency' was about. "and the director is attending as well, so i thought i'd inform you personally considering that you're too busy to check your messages."

"it must be because of that team again." joong-gil said, sighing in exasperation as ha-eun simply gave him a side eye before teleporting to the team manager's meeting room.

when ha-eun arrived, she noticed that only she and joong-gil weren't there yet, along with the director herself, so she quickly took her seat, passing the other team managers with a straight face, aside from team manager koo ryeon who she flashed a small smile to.

now, she wasn't really a team manager of any department. still, the director had established her as the second-in-command of the escort team, much to the disappointment of the other team managers aside for her older brother and ryeon, who deemed her immature and too naive to join their league, but they were too intimidated of joong-gil to even consider voicing out their ill-thoughts about his beloved sister.

"i'll never understand why the director allowed a literal child to join us." jang-hyun tutted, earning the simultaneous agreeance of the other team managers. "like, i understand that she's the sibling of one of the most passionate and hardworking workers in our company, but to do this, i'd think she was forced into it or..."

jang-hyun wasn't able to finish his sentence though when joong-gil suddenly appeared in the middle of the room, glancing at ha-eun who had an uncomfortable look on her face before he too sat on his own chair just in front of her.