Chapter 1: 59 Days And Counting

Jason woke up, as he ran out of his room, downstairs, and then out the front door. He thought it had snowed, but to his dismay when he had checked, it hadn't. He opened the door, as he trudged back inside. He got on a hood, as he got his lunchbox. He checked inside; a note. The note read "Sorry I can't be here! Love you! -Mom". He rolled his eyes, as he went out the door. He ran down the hill he lived on, turned left, and that was it. He got out his phone, as he started looking at short videos. All of a sudden, his friend appeared; Alex. He was well-known for always wearing a mask, and he was wearing one this time, yet again. Alex got out his phone, as he ran across the street to the bus stop. He showed his phone, as Jason saw the countdown on the channel; 15 minutes. Jason looked at Alex, as he simply crouched down. He laughed, as it sounded like "BAHAHAHA!", as he looked at Alex. Jason said "Listen, this is why you pack a knife. You got one or no?", as Alex nodded no. All of a sudden, they saw headlights down another hill; it was their bus. They waited, and about 2 minutes later, it was finally ready to pick them up. They crossed the street, as they got in. *BUM, BUM, BUM*. The sound of the metal stairs was a bit unsettling, but they were fine with it. They went to their usual seat, about 5 seats from the back seat. They sat in the same seat, and they looked. In front of them was Jack and a kid who was from america, yet named Bentore, after his fathers favorite book character.  Jack looked back at Jason, his glasses being caught in the light. Jason looked away, as he looked out the window; something was there. It looked like a cocoon, and Alex's phone went off. It had been 60 days since the prediction, and the cocoon hatched. It was a cocoon-looking bug with a human head, as the bus stopped. A white jeep stopped in the road, as it went out to the thing. Tentacles came out of the things mouth, as it swallowed him whole. The bus driver looked, as he hit the gas pedal so hard, if it were a human, it would have a crushed skull. The bug looked at the bus, as it's hundreds of legs moved after the bus.