Episode 1: The Woman Who Fell To Earth

"Doctor, I let you go," He whispered. He was a man that many had seen as rough and mean, and yet his final speech was about kindness. "Be a better person than me," he whispered, squeezing his eyes shut.

 His ring fell off his finger, he didn't notice but it resonated on the floor. This new generation was not married to River any longer. 

And with that ringing in his ears he fell to the floor, as every molecule in his body ripped itself apart and fixed itself.

Nobody saw him regenerate this time. 

Nobody saw as he slowly rose, his white hair now a streaky blond, his blue-green eyes now an amber green, his tall stature reduced. 

Nobody saw him, or her, squint into the metal of the TARDIS, trying to observe their new look. But the second the Doctors hands rested on the console the whole thing went up in flames, and they were knocked to the freezing metal of the floor.

┌── ⋆⋅·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ Yasmin Khan ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙⋅⋆ ──┐

Yasmin Khan was having a terrible day. Her boss had been in a terrible mood and taken it out on her, her coworkers had degraded her and made thinly veiled racist comments, and she had somehow messed up the simple dish of Maggi and lassi, and when she had gone to buy some more at the South Asian store down the block, some creepy guy had catcalled her.

So now she was pissed, and hungry which was never a good combination. So after she drank some old Fanta from the fridge, and ate a granola bar and a banana, she flopped onto her bed and screamed into her pillow.

Being a police officer had always been her dream, but lately every person on the force had been getting on her nerves.

She opened the window with stiff fingers, resting her head against the windowsill and staring out into space.

"Dear god, if you exist, I know I haven't spoken in a while, but lately I've been having issues. I can't get a good date, everyone at work is exhausting me, and I always feel to tired to do anything good. So could you do something about this? No hurry," she whispered and squeezed her eyes shut. 

When she opened them again she noticed a shooting star falling to the ground. She smiled a little, wondering if that was some weird sign, before she shut herself down with a shake of her head.

┌── ⋆⋅·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ ΘΣ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙⋅⋆ ──┐

The doctor spluttered and coughed as they crawled weakly out of the TARDIS. They collapsed on the ground outside, which appeared to be some sort of human woodlands. They flopped onto their back, leaves and dirt getting caught in their short hair. 

"Ah geez," they murmured, pulling themself into a sitting position. The realization dawned on them that they had no sonic screwdriver, and more importantly, their ring was somewhere in the flaming TARDIS. 

They looked around wildly as the TARDIS began to put the flames out by itself. They stumbled to their feet gazing at the back of their hands, smaller and less veiny, their suit didn't fit them any longer, and their old man underwear really chafed in the smaller younger body.

And speaking of their body...

"Oh my god, I'm a woman!" She exclaimed, placing her hands on her chest. "River would love this," she added, feeling a pang of guilt hit her in the stomach. Man or woman, she was still the doctor, still a guilty person just traveling the stars, trying to fill the void in their heart with beautiful and amazing people. 

She couldn't reminisce about that right now however, she needed to figure out where she was, the damage on the TARDIS, and find a sonic screwdriver, and her ring. 

She placed her hands in her pockets and looked around, the woods weren't very dense and she saw a town just a while away. So she started walking, she felt drowsy from her regeneration, but she couldn't stop. She had too much to do, and nothing to live for.

She managed to get into town without passing out, getting a few weird looks with her oversized clothes, dirty hair, and stumbling walk.

"Hey Ma'am?" A smooth voice called out. She turned around to see an absolutely beautiful woman walking her way. Now, the doctor rarely did things like humans, but she had one thing in common with humans. And that was the urge to look impressive in front of beautiful women.

"Uh... yeah?" Curses. She probably looked like a drug dealer, or a thief. The stunning woman was wearing a human police officers clothing from the 21st century-ish, which probably meant she thought that the doctor was some sort of criminal. Which she technically was, if you considered the things she's done.  

"Ma'am are you alright? You look quite disoriented, do you need help?" Ooh, she was kind. That just made her even prettier, in the Doctors personal opinion.

"Kind of, Miss..." she looked down at the officers name tag, which read Yasmin Khan in blocky letters, "Khan," she finished. Yasmin smiled at her warmly, sending The Doctor into mental panic.

"Here, let me take you to my house, my shift is over so I can get you cleaned up," 

"Can we turn the lights on?" The Doctor asked, gesturing to the lights on top of the police car with a broad grin.

"No," Yasmin deadpanned.

"Fine officer Khan," the doctor said with a broad grin. Ooh that was new, flirting, she hadn't done that since... well she didn't want to think about that.

"Call me Yaz," she said with a small smile, opening the door for the doctor before getting into her own seat. Neither woman noticed an unearthly figure crawling along a brick wall nearby, its long hair swinging down. The creature noticed them however, giving them a hungry gaze.

The doctor was piled onto Yaz's house with a cup of tea in hand. Yaz had brushed out the woman's hair, given her some spare clothes, and wrapped her in a blanket, all while asking questions about the doctor.

The doctor had answered that her name was Jodie Smith, that she was a traveller, that she did feel rather exhausted.

The doctor had also asked her some questions such as what time is it? And then when Yaz answered the actual time she clarified that she was asking for the year. Then she had inquired about whether Yaz had seen anything out of the ordinary recently (she hadn't - apart from the doctor herself.) 

Then the doctor had passed out onto the couch, which had worried Yaz, but the woman seemed to be fine. So she decided that if she started choking or dying Yaz would take her to the hospital.

Yaz admired her for a moment, she was wearing an old cable knit sweater, baggy jeggings that she had never worn, and some fluffy cloud socks.

Yaz wondered why she had brought the woman into her home, she could be a thief or a murderer, but there was something in her eyes that made Yaz want to trust her. It was like when you met an old friend that you haven't seen for many years but you still feel a flicker of recognition when you look at them. But that was ridiculous, Yaz had never met her before. Had she?

Author notes:

1. this chapter is really short, I'm sorry, but I promise this will get better!

 2. My cover has some hints for what might come in this rewrite... wink wink. 😉. Does anybody want me to put in the next chapter to see it better?

3. Tamizh is my first language not English, sorry if there are mistakes.