Chapter 1: Hairy Legs

Lisa's POV

*3:00am*

I was laying on my bed trying to go to sleep after something attacked me last night in the woods. I thought maybe if I shave my legs I would be tired. So I rolled up my pants leg and I was surprised by what I saw. My legs were very hairy. "I just shaved yesterday morning." I said. I grabbed some duck tape and put it on my left leg. When I pulled it off, the hair grew back to how it was. "I better hide this for my date today." I pulled my pants leg back down and fell asleep.

*5:00am*

I woke up again and smelled food. So, I went in the kitchen to see if someone was cooking something. I didn't see anyone. "I know I smelled some kind of meat." I said. I went back to my room and layed on my bed. I started thinking about how hairy my legs were 2 hours ago. I rolled up my pants leg and it still looked the same. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

*7:00am*

I woke up and saw the lights on. I was exhausted from staying up almost all night. I closed my eyes and started thinking about what I would tell my boyfriend, Joey, if he saw my legs. Then, I heard the door open. I opened my eyes and saw Christina and Dani standing by my bed. "Breakfast is ready." Christina said. "You don't want to be late for your date with Joey." Dani said. They walked out the door laughing. I got up and walked in the living room. I saw Katherine, Amy, and Lauren watching Cold Case on tv. I put on my jacket and opened the door. "Are you going to eat your breakfast?" Christina asked me. "I don't want to be late to my date. I get some breakfast on my way." I said. Joey was taking me to a morning movie at the movie theater for our date. I walked out the door and closed it. I rolled up my pants leg and looked at my leg. I started to cry because I didn't want Joey to think I was some kind of monster. I heard the door open back up. I turned around and saw Dani staring at my leg. I rolled down my pants leg as fast as I could and said, "Hey Dani. What's up?" She looked at me like she was scared of me. "You forgot your wallet." She said and gave me my wallet. "Thanks. Don't tell anyone about what you just saw." I said. "Ok. I'll try not to tell anyone but you really should shave." She said. "I tried but it grew back like that in like five seconds." I said. "Someone needs to help you. I don't like seeing you like this." She said. "Don't tell anyone. Ok?" I said. "Ok." She said. She went back inside and closed the door. I turned back around and started walking to the movie theater. While I was walking, I started thinking about if Dani was telling the truth about keeping my secret. Then, I stopped thinking when I smelled meat. I started running towards the smell. I finally found the meat about three miles away. I found out it was a hot dog stand. I bought a hot dog and ate it on my way to the movie theater. When I finally got to the theater, Joey was already there. "Hey Joey." I said. "Hi" He said. We went inside and sat down.

Dani's POV

*8:00am*

I was laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling. I was thinking about how to help Lisa without telling anyone. Then, I heard a big boom. The roof started coming down. I ran in the living room and saw Christina, Katherine, Amy, Lauren, and our brothers. They were all scared. Mom and Dad ran in the living room with us. "Calm down and let's get out of here!" Dad said. We all ran outside and watched our house fall to the ground. "Where are we going to live now?" Christina asked Dad. "We can go live the hotel across town." Mom said. "Ok. Let's go." Dad said. We got in the car and left. As we were leaving, I stared at our house wondering what Lisa would think when she sees what happened to our home. "Someone call Lisa and tell her what happened." Mom said. "She's at the movie theater. I'll tell her when the movie's over." I said. I looked at the sky. It wasn't storming. I started wondering how our house fell down and what made that big boom.