The Heartbroken

"Someday, you'll cry for me

like I cried for you.

Someday, you'll miss me

like I miss you.

Someday, you'll need me

like I needed you.

Someday, you'll love me,

but I won't love you..."

**********

Ding Dong!

As if on cue, my body automatically rose up from the couch, and I ran to the door with a bright smile on my face. Today was our 4th year anniversary, and I wanted today to be the day that I would fix things- to steer our relationship to the lighthearted ways it once was. I wanted us to be happy again.

"Welcome home Taehyung," I greeted warmly as my boyfriend entered through the doorway. "How was work?"

"Hey Yoona." he grunts, obviously in a bad mood.

"...I made food for us, let's hurry up and eat it before it gets cold." I told him in a soft voice, being careful as to not let my smile falter.

His eyebrows twitched slightly - hinting at his rising annoyance. "Not tonight; I'm hanging out with the guys." he replied coldly, letting a sigh escape.

"...Again?"

He simply mumbled in response, about to turn around and leave when I reached out and grabbed his wrist.

He turned back around to look down at me, an indignant expression plastered upon his handsome features.

"Don't you..." I prod hesitantly, "remember what day it is?"

He stayed silent.

I looked down, feeling forlorn, and my smile slowly began to form into a frown.

"It's our fourth anniversary." I let out with a shaky breath.

More silence.

"...How could you forget?" I mutter incredulously.

He sighs indifferently, as he turns his back to me once again.

"I don't have time for this, Yoona. We can talk when I get back."

...

Seriously?

So many times have I forgave him for his wrongdoings, time after time after time. He wants me to respect his freedom, I get that, but it's our anniversary for goodness sake! What could be more important than that? Going clubbing with your friends is surely not the right answer.

"Can't you just spend one day with me? You go clubbing every night! And I've already prepared some food-"

"I'm going." he cuts me off.

I looked up at him, and seeing his unapologetic expression, my sorrow slowly transformed into rage.

He was looking at me like I was a nuisance-- like I was the one at fault here. Like I haven't stayed with him and dealt with his growing nonsense for this long already.

I've had enough. I've had to put up with this for 4 years. I'm tired of being alone all the time-- eating by myself, sleeping by myself, going out by myself. Every night I climb into the vacant covers, in a bed too big for one, and wait and wait and wait for the empty space to be filled again.