Chapter 8: Asakusa

Tanjiro POV

•3 weeks later•

I walk through Asakusa city, awed by the bright lights and shining signs. Nezuko and I were just about to eat ramen at a small stall when I smelled the same scent from my home. Muzan Kibutsuji.

"Nezuko," I murmur, "wait here." I get up and run towards the smell, pushing through a hoard of people. Then I smell it even stronger and put a hand on the shoulder of the man in front of me- Muzan Kibutsuji.

"Muzan Kibutsuji!" I yell.

"Dear, who is this?" Asks a woman next to him, holding a young girl. He- he's posing as a human? But I still need to kill him! I begin to draw my sword, determination in my eyes. Before I can strike, Kibutsuji pulls me into an alleyway.

"What the hell was that?" He asks angrily, "are you trying to get arrested? Killed?"

"Why should you care," I hiss. He only sighs in return.

"Look, I don't want to kill you, so you should feel lucky, but don't act so stupidly because not every demon is on the right side," Kibutsuji states.

"Are you trying to tell me," I shout, "that the king of demons is on 'the right side?' Bullshit!"

"I am merely telling you the truth," he mutters.

"And how could you possibly want to help me?" I ask, knowing this is all a ploy, not true at all.

"Ask Kocho, Tomioka, Kanroji, or Kagaya," he says gritting his teeth, "I've told the same damn story one two many times. Look, I need to go." With that, he disappears. How could the leader of demons know those names...?

Muzan Kibutsuji POV

I'm late thanks to Tanjiro, and now it's already 9:35 by the time I arrive.

"Apologies for my late arrival," I say with a bow.

"Ah, no worries Kibutsuji-san," Kagaya says lightly, "it's alright." I take a seat on the tatami mat, along with the other 7. Suddenly, I hear a harsh knocking on the door. Everyone looks panicked, but someone needs to open it.

"I'll go," says Kocho worriedly. She walks over to the door and opens it a crack, "we're busy, Shinazugawa-san. Please, leave for now."

"But I have an important report for Oyakata-sama regarding the Kamado siblings," he insists, "they have come into contact with the demon king, the first slayers in centuries!"

"Ano..."Kocho mumbles, "so have I, Shinazugawa-san."

"And you didn't think to report this to the master?" He asks with a glare. I look to Kagaya for an answer, Amane whispers to him, and he nods his head.

"I think it would be best if you can come inside, Shinazugawa-san," Kocho states, believing this to be the calm before the storm. 

A/N: I'm sorry this was so short :( I didn't know what to write for this arc!