chapter 17

okay, before we get into the chapter, let me just say I'm incredibly sorry I haven't updated in months. life's been very stressful lately but I'm powering through and getting there. anyway, enjoy and stream season 3 of obx only on Netflix

_________________________________________________

Chase and Madelyn were currently on the couch,  watching friends and talking. Chase had been away for 2 weeks on a business trip, leaving Maddie alone.
Recently, she had been struggling with her self-worth, but she never told Chase that. Obviously he knew something was wrong, but he couldn't do much to help if she wouldn't tell him.
They were catching up about the past couple weeks, when Chase asked a question that made Maddie start to tear up.

Chase:"Mads, baby, are you okay? like really okay?"

Madelyn:" um... " -and she went silent.

She started to think, and that wasn't the best idea due to her current state of mind.

Chase immediately knew something was wrong. He shuffled closer to her on the couch and wrapped his arms around her.

Madelyn:" I... fuck.. I don't know what's wrong... I.. just...recently I've just started to kind of started to think I'm not good enough"- she said, trying to stop crying.

Chase:" it's okay, bub. talk to me. when did this start?"

Madelyn:" I don't really remember...it just sort of did."

Chase:" okay, love. I'm here."

they continued to talk for a while until Maddie grew tired and could barely keep her eyes open. Chase told her to go to sleep, and when she did, he carried her to their bedroom and tucked her into the bed.

She woke up a little while later to Chase smiling at her.

Madelyn:" what are you up to...?"

Chase:" Nothing!!"- he said with a smirk.

Maddie rolled her eyes and got out of bed. Chase quickly got up and handed her a bouquet of roses.

Chase:" for you, my love"

Madelyn:" oh thank you, babe"

Chase held her hand and led her out to the living room, where he had set up a cute, romantic at-home date for the two of them. She thanked him with a sweet smile.

They talked for a while until Chase stood up.

Chase: " I'd like to make a toast. To my beautiful girlfriend, who I love with my entire heart. you're so special, Mads. I love you. you deserve the world"

Maddie started to cry at that and stood up to meet Chase for a sweet kiss.

Madelyn:" Chase, I.. I don't even know what to say. that was so sweet. thank you:

Chase: " no problem"

They spent the rest of the night chatting about random stuff. they didn't even realise they had been talking for so long until they saw the sun begin to rise. they quickly grabbed some blankets and went out to the balcony to watch the sunrise, wrapped up in each other, with Milo at their feet.

_________________________________________________

I'm sorry it's so short.