07

September 25, 2019

Knoxville, Tennessee

Taylor

I peeled my eyes open to see Josh still sleeping peacefully next to me, I sat up quietly looking for my phone, 8:07 am. Our appointment was at 10 this morning and then we would know what our future little baby would be. Thank goodness the doctors office wasn't to far from our apartment.

I got up as quickly and quietly as possible so that I could go make Josh and Ellie some breakfast. When I wandered my way out into the kitchen Ellie was smiling at the kitchen table with a coffee cup in hand.

"Tay are you ready to find out?" She smiled big and it made me smile. Today was the day.

"Yes, I am so excited." I smiled as I got into the fridge.

"Are you leaning towards one or the other?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"No honestly. I am just hoping for a healthy baby, either way Josh will be a great dad."

"You're going to be a great mom too." She nodded. I was thankful for her and keeping my head level between all of this.

We chitchatted while I made omelets, sausage and cut up some different fruits.

"Look at you going all out for your man." Ellie wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"For one I made you some too, and for two he isn't my man." I playfully rolled my eyes, even though I knew my cheeks were red with heat.

"Not officially. Allen needs to hurry it up I am invested here." Ellie laughed and helped me set the table. I went and nicely woke Josh up so that he could eat and get ready before us having to rush out of the door.

"Hi sleepy head." I laughed as he walked into the kitchen with some gnarly bed head, even though it was still cute on Josh.

"Hi." He rubbed his eyes and sat across from Ellie and licked his lips.

"I made you guys breakfast for being so good to me." I smiled at the pair.

"This looks delicious thank you Tay. Now you gotta feed baby Allen and yourself before we go." Josh smiled at me and patted the seat next to him. I joined them and we ate and laughed and shared our thoughts about how the appointment was going to go. Josh offered to clean up so that I could go shower and freshen up, which I was so thankful for.

Forty five minutes later Josh and I were both showered and ready to head out the door. Of course as always he opened all the doors for me and made sure I was all situated before he let his foot press the gas.

"You ready for this?" He smiled.

"I was thinking, what if we did a gender reveal party with our close friends and family?" I smiled at Josh.

"That would be awesome!" He nodded in agreement. Then we could tell everyone near and dear to us about our news at the same time.

"What's on your mind, Allen?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are we going to do maternity photos?" He quickly glanced at me and then back at the road.

"Do you want to?" I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead, I was more worried about telling the father when I found out.

"This is gonna sound cheesy, but yes. I want to remember us growing as parents together forever." He had a small smirk on his face.

"Then of course we can when I get further down the road." I smiled at him. It was cute how invested he was in these moments.