CHAPTER ONE

Introduction 

My name is Tshiamo Jasmine Mabatle, I am 18 years old. I was born in Rustenburg but later moved to Soweto at the age of 10, I never really had a problem with Coming out about my sexuality to my parents with my mom being a sponsor of an annual LGBTIQ+ Pride event that usually takes place around the neighborhood, she also owns an NGO that shelters young children who were kicked out of their homes after coming out about their sexuality and my father is a human rights activist so he believes that everyone has a right to being whoever they want to be. I Must Say, as an 18-year-old, I have experienced a lot of events, traumatic experiences to say the least which led me to being different from other kids but that is a story for another day, take this journey with me as I tell you a story about my life, it may be difficult to understand but you'll eventually get it.

CHAPTER 1

We had just moved into another city for the third time this year and my parents were starting to get annoyed by this whole thing. The bell rang for first period, and I was in Mr. Beyers' Office. I was new at the school, and I was waiting for some teacher to take me to my class, some Lady who's probably in her late 30s walked in and greeted us with a smile

Her: you must be Itumeleng

Me: yes, ma'am

Her: follow me

I stood up, took my bag and followed her. We walked along the corridors, and I was receiving weird looks, she walked into some class. Immediately when she stood in front of the class everyone kept quiet.

Her: Good morning class, this is our new student, Itumeleng and she will be joining us for the rest of the year.

One of the students in the class giggled and said, "too late, I mean it's already third term."

If it was under different circumstances, I'd say she's pretty but ai waphapha, so I rolled my eyes instead. The teacher whose name she had told me but I had forgotten told me to sit down.

At third period, this Indian teacher who teaches us L.O asked me to introduce myself in front of the whole class, yoooh I have never been so pissed.

Me: hii, my name is Itumeleng Mabe. I am from a small town in the northern cape, I had just moved here due to my mom's business venture this side and Yeah.....

Mrs Noortjie: tell us your interests, your hobbies and stuff like that

Me: I'm sorry but is this lesson about me?

I heard some chuckling at the back and it was miss annoying from earlier.

Mrs Noortjie: Alright then, you can sit down.

I heard some whispering from the back, I did not hear what they were saying .

When the bell rang for lunch , i packed my books and when I was about to stand up, I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder, I looked up and it was miss annoying

Her: School Blazers Are Compulsory hunny

I just rolled my eyes, aiii uyaphapha Lona. No Wonder people were giving me weird looks. I walked to the door and on my way to the cafeteria, I heard someone calling my name, I turned around and two girls were coming my way

One of them: heyy I'm Alexa and this is bonolo

Me: nice to meet you guys.

Alexa: I'm assuming you new