CHAPTER 7

The next day had come really sooner than Alkira would have actually appreciated, it's not that she didn't like the idea of a new day, it's just that a new day meant that she and Noel had to be ready for their flight to the Maldives, as nerve wrecking as that sounded.

"You are tapping your feet nonstop Ark"
Noel aired his observations although he could tell she was doing it unconsciously.

" I'm nervous Noel"
Alkira whispered, wrapping her slender hands  around the seat belt as though her dear life depended on it.

"I thought you were excited about it yesterday"
Noel asked, not entirely sure of the root of his dear wife's problem.

"I was, i still am actually, it's just the nerves though, I promise"
Alkira responded with a tight smile framing her flawless face.

"If you say so"
Noel replied, choosing to close that topic because the last time he insisted on her not being as okay as she claimed to be, they ended up arguing with Alkira repeatedly asking him to back off and mind his own business.

This was supposed to be a new start for them and the last thing Noel wanted was to be the reason there was a hitch before they even got to the airport.

Some hours later:

After what felt like forever on air, Noel and Alkira finally landed in the Air strip at the roof of their hotel where Noel made quick work of helping A jet lagged Alkira into their hotel room where she quickly took off her clothes and went to sleep.

While Noel on the other hand helped bring in their things, arranged his own things and did the same for Alkira before leaving the room to go order in dinner and then went into the office that was already set up for them.

Then he video called his mother in law who was more than excited when she heard that it had been Alkira's Idea to leave earlier than planned.

      "This goes to show that there is a part of her that is actually very interested in moving forward and into a good place in your relationship Noel"
She all but squealed while Noel nodded along in agreement even if somewhere in his heart, he doubted that.

If anything, he was deeply in doubt of how things might turn out.

     "Why do you look so gloomy though?, one would think that now that you are somewhere away from everything and everyone else you would be happy"
His own mother remarked, he didn't even notice her presence.

    "That's the problem mother, been away from everything and everyone else should start feeling like the start of a new relationship between us but mom, it doesn't feel so"
Noel mumbled, rubbing his head to his face.

"What happens if this doesn't work, what if she realizes that she doesn't want this anymore mom?"
He asked the two women who never failed to be there for him.

"It's falling apart right in front of me and the highest solution I could come up with was a vacation"
He retorted, sounding as frustrated as he felt.

"It's barely day one of your vacation Noel, you can't possibly hope to even get a head start on the first day"
His mother replied, wondering how her son was already having expectations on the first day.

"I know, I'm sorry mom, I'm just worried it won't work"
Noel replied.

"Self sabotage was always the easiest way to ruin things if you ask me"
His mother in law shrugged while his mom nudged her as though to say that now wasn't the time for such remarks.

"Alright fine, I think your mom is right on this one, you can't already be having expectations when the show has barely even began, Take a bath, get some sleep and wait to see what tomorrow will bring, You think you can do that?"

She asked Noel who nodded before smiling briefly.

"It gets better love"
His mother reassured before blowing him air kisses while his mother in law nodded and together they waved before Noel's screen became blank.

He would give everything in his power to make it work.

He had to.

***** ***** ***** ***** ****
Hey guys, I've been truly busy, but I'm here now and I hope to pay attention as much as possible.