For We Bleed (chapter 2)

2: Always Watching, No eyes

The next morning went by slowly, and I was stone dead tired. I did not get any sleep from that encounter last night. It scared me to death, though, my mind told me he was gone, my heart knew he would come again, from the shadows of the street, to my yard again.

My heart accelerated as the fear in me rose.

"Boo!"

"Eekk," I shrieked and turned swiftly to find my brother laughing like an idiot.

I glared at him and slapped him over the head.

"Toad, you maggot!"

"Owwie! Mommy, Carol hit me," he tattled.

My mom turned to me and I grunted, finishing my cereal.

"Carol, you have been jumpy all morning. Is something wrong?"

I wanted to tell her about my night but... Well.. Maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. So, I just kept silent, though, my mind was racing.

I could not get him off my mind. Those tentacles.. Tentacles made of the darkest shadows hidden in the darkest corners. I had to admit, that was kind of cool.

"Carol..?"

Why would someone stalk their window anyway?

"Carol..?!"

And attack them none the else! Geez! I mean who would-!

"CAROL!"

"WHAT!?"

The room went silent as my dad came in. I was so deep in thought I didn't know what was going on.

"Woah, sweetie," my dad said, as he patted my head. "Calm down. Guess you were thinking 'bout something, huh, my little vampire bat."

My dad always called me that, and it always calmed me down for some strange reason.

"Yeah, Dad...," I responded, then looked at my mom. "Sorry, Mom."

"Oh, it's alright dearie. I know how you get when you think hard on something."

She smiled at me, and I smiled back. My dad picked Toad up, tickling him.

I looked at my Jack Skellington watch.

7:45 AM...

Wait...

7:45?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I gobbled up the rest of my cereal and grabbed my bag.

"Bye, Mom! Bye Dad! Bye Toad! Love you!"

Then, I was out the door in a flash.

I got to the school just in time, before the bell rang. Before class, I stopped in the Hallow to see Autumn, and talk to her about what happened.

"Autumn! I need to-"

The Hallow was completely empty. No Punks making out, no Emos getting higher than cloud 9, and no Goths hanging around, just talking and skipping class.

This was strange.

I looked around. Then, I noticed the hall was completely dark.

"Autumn..? This isn't funny anymore...," I exclaimed, kind of scared.

Suddenly, I felt something grab me from behind, and yank me off the floor.

"THE FUCK?!?!"

I looked around, frantic.

Then, a figure came into view.

No face.

My eyes widened, as I laid my eyes on him. He was dressed in a nice suit, dark as night, his head white as snow.

He stared in my direction, as one of his shadows held me to him as another tentacle moved to my face.

Oh no! My dream!

I shut my eyes tightly, hoping it would all go away!

But, I felt a soft touch upon my cheek.

I opened my eyes slowly, one of his tentacles stroking my cheek lightly. He just stared at me, as if he was trying to read me like an open book.

Then, he let me go, putting me down gently. I looked up at his empty face, still a little scared of him.

He nodded toward me, his hand touching my head, petting my hair.

As soon as his touch faded, so did he into the shadows of the hall way.

Suddenly, the lights flashed on, and the bell rang for class to let out.

As soon as I saw Autumn, I ran to her.

"Autumn!"

"Carol! Your late!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry."

"What happened?"

"Well...," what should I say?!

"You know, I don't want to know," she replied at my hesitation.

I nodded and the rest of the day, the no faced guy was on my mind, my heart... Fluttering

----------------

Sorry this was kind of short. I was just really tired last night. Well vote, comment, follow, ECT.