Dodo and Pat

A Decidedly Muggle Part of London.

Early November, 1978.

Sirius Black is nervous - far more nervous than he'd ever actually admit. And his nerves are the real reason he's been so very cagey these past several days.

Been constantly debating -

Been relentlessly agonising -

For at least the past several weeks now, in fact. And the matter up for debate? Whether or not to actually show up at his ancestral family home and demand for any information about his missing brother.

Just go.

It's the right thing to do.

And if they're petty and evil, that's on them.

Me?

My conscience will be clean.

Today's to be the day, then;

I'll do it and be done with it.

As far as dealing with the private avalanche of emotions over Reggie, in typical Sirius Black fashion he's opted to turn a blind eye.

Deny, deny, deny -

Deny until you finally get by.

But such concerted efforts come with a heavy price. He's not sleeping, even by his own terrible standards. He's eating poorly, and bingeing on sweets rather heavily. And of course, his relationships with everyone are suffering as a result of all the vitriol and pain he's trying so desperately to keep tucked beneath the surface.

And this?

This act, should I actually go through with it, is as much as I can give right now.

And so, shutting his eyes and fortifying himself, Sirius Black is as prepared as he feels he can be for what today's to bring. Long black coat and a matching black umbrella in hand, he's finally ready to make his departure. But as he pushes open the front door and prepares to step out into the grey foggy morning, he crashes headfirst into someone.

"Woah -"

"- Ahh!"

It's a chaotic fraction of a second, the two bodies colliding then falling quickly backwards in space. And half a second later, pale eyes lock on grey ones.

All her own private troubles suddenly temporarily forgotten, the shorter witch wastes no time barreling her way right back forward into space, arms flung out wide in the hopes of a loving hug, "Siri!"

Shocked beyond all measure, Sirius Black instinctively balks, tossing both his own hands in front of him as Pandora Selwyn reaches out. She's wearing a long brown dress coat, a belted woollen trench crafted both to keep her warm and stave off the light rain. Her long blonde hair done up in a tight crown braid, it halos around her head as she stands before him. Freezing mid-air, she smiles hopefully, "... Hugs?"

Oh!

No use in fighting it.

Besides, who am I to turn down a hug?

Blinking back at her as if waking from a dream, he nods dully and beckons her in, "... Hugs. Bring it in, Dodo."

It's not an insult - certainly not - he would never, not to her. It's simply a nickname, one that came about based on the way he first pronounced her name when they were barely babbling. With his approval now given, Pandora sighs with relief and wraps her arms around him, pulling him close for a long, tight hug.