Chapter One: What Started Off As Normal

"Victoria! You forgot your book bag!" Mom shouted.

"I'm coming!" I shouted.

I ran down the steps and grabbed it from Mom. She passed me a granola bar.

"You need a breakfast," Mom scolded.

"Mom. Why can't you be like Dad and lay off my back?" I asked.

"Cuz if I was like your father, you'd be up shit creek. Speaking of the Devil, Hunter! You're going to be late!" Mom shouted.

"Coming, Liz-cakes!" Dad shouted.

I rolled my eyes as Dad ran down the steps.

"Am I picking you up today?" Dad asked.

"No. Jackson is taking me after practice, remember?" I answered.

"Oh yes. Goodbye," Dad said before kissing my forehead.

He gave Mom a quick peck on the lips before racing out of the door. I looked at Mom with my eyebrows knit in confusion.

"Possibly getting a promotion to car salesman," Mom answered.

"No wonder you don't have to work anymore," I said.

"Yeah. Perks of being a housewife, eh?" Mom asked.

I laughed before walking out of the door and climbing onto the bus. I sat next to my best friend, Melanie, who was texting on her phone.

"Hey. Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Texting the rest of the squad. We're going to have to practice outside this time in front of those horny football players," Melanie answered.

"My boyfriend's on the team so I know he wouldn't let them near me," I said.

"Have you two ever, you know, had sex yet?" Melanie asked in a whisper.

I shook my head before saying, "I'm waiting for the right and romantic moment. So far I'm still waiting."

"Don't look now but Carter Reynolds is totally staring at you," Melanie whispered, peeking behind her.

I slowly creeped and saw him looking. He looked down once he saw me and I whirled around. Melanie and I both laughed.

"Maybe he likes you," Melanie joked.

"Oh yeah right. I'm off the market anyways," I said.

"Ha," Melanie said.

The rest of the bus ride was filled with laughs and gossip like usual before we arrived at school.

I met Jackson, my boyfriend, at the front who kissed me on the lips. I kissed back which made all the other footballers whistle.

I let go and smiled.

"I missed you," Jackson said.

"I missed you too, Jackson," I said.

"You have practice after school, right?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"I'll see you then," Jackson said.

I nodded and watched as Jackson walked away.

"You are too cute. C'mon. Let's go to the lockers before the bell rings," Melanie said.

"Yeah. Of course," I said with a nod.

Melanie and I walked inside the school and towards the lockers. As we were walking, my phone buzzed in my butt pocket and I checked it. Suddenly, I walked head to chest into someone.