Three

Three

The past week has been cold for me. I'm not sure if it's because of the fact that people barely come home or the fact that Romeo slightly looks at me anymore.

Yes. He barely looks at me. Usually, he will flirt, smirk, and give me anything that could trigger my inner self. But, since six days ago, he barely looks at me. Sometimes, he makes it look like I don't exist. It is worse than we first met.

What made me worried was that he was barely home. He always comes home late. Stephanie didn't care about it. And I know I shouldn't either. He's not a minor anymore. But, still... I couldn't help it.

Dinner is cold, as usual. It's only me and Stephanie talking empty. I glance at him. And he doesn't seem too bothered about it. It makes me more worried. Is he not interested in me anymore? Was he playing before? Or I just imagine things.

"So..."

Romeo clears his throat all of a sudden, getting our attention.

"I'm thinking of moving out."

What? I think I couldn't hear him, right? For a few seconds, I thought he was joking. Then, seeing his face seriousness, I started praying that I had heard it wrong.

"I don't think it will be so soon." Romeo continues while playing with his food. "I'm in the middle of a haunting job. I hope I get it."

I hope he failed. That's what I keep repeating inside my head. I almost couldn't hide the expression on my face. I stare at him. But never once did he look in my direction.

"You don't need to rush yourself," Stephanie said, glancing at me. I know she's worried.

"I know," Romeo answered. "I can't stay with you forever."

Stephanie wants to say something but closes her mouth right back. I know they both only have each other.

"I might stay at my friend's for a while before settling at my own place," Romeo said.

"Stay here until you find your own place."

I almost couldn't believe that I had said it. Romeo looks at me in disbelief too. Thankfully, Stephanie takes it as a kindness and consideration from me.

"Yes," Stephanie nods. "Stay here until you find your own place."

The rest of the dinner went colder than it seemed. Romeo went straight to his room after he finished his food.

"It's too sudden, isn't it?"

I was daydreaming when Stephanie talked. We were wiping the dishes after washing them.

"Do you think he overheard we talked that night?" Stephanie asked.

"Our talked?" I frown. "Which one?"

"We talked about after our marriage," Stephanie told me. "How we decide to decorate all the room into the kids' room. And how do we think Romeo will not stay with us forever."

Shit. Yes, we did talk about it. I don't even remember the whole conversation. But we did talk about it last week. I know we're talking about how long Romeo will be going to stay with us. And then he went cold after that.

"I'm going to take a shower and sleep after this." Stephanie, once again, didn't notice my expression. "I need to go to work early. And I'm probably coming back late again. Ladies' night."

I don't even get to reply. She already pecks my lips and goes upstairs. Leaving me with my own thoughts. The thoughts of Romeo overheard the conversation. Did he? Is that the reason why he's cold?

I grab the towel and dry my hands. I don't realize how much time I take since I'm moving too slowly. My energy drowns for some reason. I climb the stairs like I'm counting every step I make. I couldn't think straight. I could only gather myself back together after knocking on someone's door. And Romeo's voice telling me to come can be heard.

I open the door slowly. Romeo is standing near his desk, putting his phone on it. He looked surprised seeing me standing there. And honestly, I'm surprised at myself as well.

"David," He blinks. "How can I help you?"

"I—" I don't know where to start. This is my problem. I never get to talk correctly whenever this boy is in front of me.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, confused.

"Are you really going to move out?" I blurt the questions out without any preparation. Sending me and him exchange looks for a few seconds.

Romeo let out a small fake chuckle. "Of course I am."

"Why?"

"Why?" Romeo raises his brow without looking at me. "The reason is always there. It's up to me to take it seriously or not."

I know he is thinking about her stepmother and me.

"If you're worried about Stephanie not wanting me to go," He continued. "She will understand. No need to worry."

"Can you not?"

He looks at me in disbelief. At this point, I know my inner self is already taking control of me. My energy is too little to fight and resist.

"Don't go," I said, almost sounding like a whisper. Thankfully, the tone is not begging. It's asking.

On the other hand, Romeo is too stunned to reply. He's just standing there staring at me. He's just as surprised as me at what I'm doing. I don't even realize that I'm walking toward him until I stand close to him. I know I'm not drunk. But I feel like I am. He looks more beautiful than before.

"Dave—"

I shut him down with a kiss. It's a simple peck. But the tingling feeling from our lips touching stays.

"May I?" I have the audacity to ask for permission. I kind of know the answer, but I want to confirm it as well.

"You may." He replies softly before our lips crash.

The kiss is not desperate. Instead, it's sloppy and slow. My hands stay on my side. So were his. The only things that move are our heads and lips. As I thought, his pink lips were soft. It is more delicate than a baby's skin, although I don't remember when it was the last time I saw a baby.

I can feel the heat in my body. The more we kiss, the more I realize how small his mouth is. Even when I slide my tongue inside his mouth to meet his,' I find it small. And for some reason, this makes me crazy over it more than I should. I can hear our kissing sound soft until we break out for air.

"Fuck..." He curses, wiping his mouth.

I'm gasping for air. I couldn't even comment on what happened. I know I want to kiss him again. But I know if I did, it would lead to something else. I stare at him. He was already staring at me.

"Don't go."

He forms a sweet smile. "For now... I'll stay."

I know things will not going to be the same after this. But until I can figure something out, I don't want this boy out of my sight.

Finally!! I manage to start updating this story. Also, I warn you guys. This story aren't full with normal relationship. It full with affairs and dirtiness. So, it will gives you a different vibe from The Boss.

xoxo, D