Prologue

It was late at night when I heard “the noise” again. It sounded like nails scraping against a chalkboard and metal scraping against metal mixed. It sent shivers down my spine every time I heard it. Usually it would last for a couple of minutes, but this has definitely been going on for more than a couple of minutes. I’ve always wondered what made that sound. I’ve always thought that it was actually metal against metal and nails against a chalkboard, but boy was I wrong.

Everything started to go downhill when I turned 16. Everything that I imagined when I was a little kid was becoming real. It was really freaking me out. All of my “survival” games were coming true and my life was always on the line and thank god that I’m a cross country runner, so that was one good thing about this mess.

You could say that I was defiantly a trouble maker when I was little. Because, this one time when my mother and I were shopping, I wandered off by myself and then after like an hour of freaking out my mother finally found my in the kitchen section playing with all of the knives. I was only three years old! There was also this other time last year when my boyfriend and I were just walking down the street and I guess it was something that I said, but I started hearing this low-pitched growling and my boyfriend started to squeeze my hand really hard. The weirdest thing happened after he squeezed my hand I guess that I blacked out ‘cause the last thing I remember of our walk was him lying on the ground in pain because I broke his hand. After that he has never held my hand.

I guess I should introduce myself, I’m Christiana. Christiana Elizabeth Tech. But everyone calls me Chris. Your probably wondering what I look like. Well I have Brown hair that ends at the middle of my back (when it’s down) and relaxed green eyes. Since I rarely have my hair down, it’s always in a fishtail braid off to the right with the left side French braided over to join the fishtail. I'm average height for a sixteen year old. My boyfriend name is Carson. He’s seventeen and is the sweetest guy I have ever met. His blond hair is short, messy and really cute. His eyes are a wild blue that never seem to relax.

There are some things that made me fall in love with Carson, like that he is taller than most boys, he isn’t a jerk to me or anyone else, he never flirts with other girls and he keeps other guys away from me who want to hurt me in any way. I guess he has this wired way of telling if someone wants to do something bad to me. He will sniff the air (which is really wired), then I will hear this wired noise coming from his throat and when I hear that noise I know that I have get behind him or I might get hurt. But lately he has become distant and I have no idea why. Enough introductions now let me tell you the story of my life.