Chapter Seventeen

Givin' you what you're beggin' for
Givin' you what you say I need
I don't want any settled scores
I just want you to set me free

---

The extravagant nude dress trailed behind me as my golden heels clicked against the floor with Lana's. There was a large glass chandelier hanging above my head, sparkling through ever glass piece, glimmering through the entire marble foyer. It matched the elegance of the rest of the house.

"Let's get a move on, Inds.
I have to see if Quinn needs anything from me" Lana wrapped her fingers around my wrist, towing me behind her as we entered a room and immediately being drawn to the high ceilings and fetching chandeliers again. The layout was similar to a ballroom, placing most of the tables in the back and having room for a dance floor in the front.

I finally moved my eyes back towards Lana, flicking my eyes to the left and seeing a beautiful woman that had to be in her fifties. The first thing that I noticed was her large, bulky diamond necklace, widening my eyes in surprise before feeling it was rude and looking up to her eyes. However, I wasn't met with her brown ones. Instead, she plumped her lips out in critique and gave me a once over, having this pleasant look on her face.

"Lana, who's this, dear?" The woman asked, a smile on her face as she sipped her champagne.

"This is my best friend, Indigo" Lana smiled as I held my hand out to shake the woman's hand.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm Quinn. What do you do for a living, hon?"

"I'm a writer" I smiled, taking a sip of my own champagne.

"You have a dashing figure and this natural alluringness to your face. If you ever want to earn some extra cash, or even work for me full time, I'm looking for some new models"

"Thank you so much, I would be more than thrilled if you considered me" My cheeks started to hurt from the big smile I had on my face, glancing towards Lana who had this proud expression on her face.

"Well, it was very nice meeting you, Indigo" She nodded, turning her eyes towards Lana, "Make sure you give her my number, darling. Have a goodnight you two"

"Wow" Lana laughed, turning to me, "I didn't actually think she'd like you that much"

I saw my brother's face approach us, shamelessly gazing my best friend up and down like I wasn't standing there. I creased my brows and glanced between them, watching as Lana did the same exact thing to him.

"Are you two...?" I trailed off, furrowing my brows as I pointed between them.

My brother continued to wear his amused smirk, peering over to my flustered best friend with no type of defiance, he just stared towards her, keeping his lovesick eyes on her nervous ones.

"Oh, for fuck sake!" I groaned, though knowing in the back of my mind, it didn't bother me.
Sure, when I caught them kissing in high school, I was livid. But that was only because I didn't want my best friend to leave me.

"Indigo, I'm so sorry. I know I've been kind of fucking you over lately, but seriously this wasn't meant to happen, I-"

"Lana, it's fine" I shook my head making her raise her brows in shock.