Part 4

A smile etched across Y/n's face, her dry, cracked lips protesting in pain. She cooed, holding out her hand to the tabby cat making its way toward her, "Come here, Tiger." The brown and black striped tom cat trotted toward her, purring as he bumped his head against her outstretched fingers. Tears formed in her eyes when she felt his soft fur as she stroked the feline's head. "I missed you so much," she whispered as Tiger brushed his body along her folded legs. His bright green eyes looked at her expectantly as he greeted her, meowing. Weakly, Y/n copied his meow, twirling his tail around her hand.

Pleased that she had acknowledged him, the tabby began to walk off toward the narrow passage. He stopped at the entrance and looked behind at her, meowing impatiently. Y/n frowned, "I can't, Tiger. I can't move." Three days ago, she had lost feeling in her legs and hips. She blamed it on sitting for hours, only crawling to get to her bucket. Her legs were constantly numb, with barely any muscle left from the lack of use and nutrients. It was evident that her body was eating itself. Unbothered by her comment, Tiger continued walking deeper into Soundwave's body until he faded into the shadows.

Saddened by her pet's decision to leave her, Y/n toppled over and brought her knees to her chest. Soundless sobs wracked her body at the realization that she had another hallucination. There was no way her beloved pet would be here in her confinement. She tried to call out to Tiger in hopes of seeing him again, but only garbled sounds escaped her lips, and a string of drool trickled out. She tried to swallow but couldn't, her tongue feeling heavy like a brick. It was getting harder to breathe, along with Y/n's heart hammering in her chest as her fear continued to build. She'd never experienced anything like this before. It felt like she was passing out, like many previous times, but different. Her body would stiffen involuntarily, and her arms and legs would twitch for long periods. Flashes of colored lights danced in her vision before gradually fading into black.

Gradually, Y/n started to come to, a loud groan announcing her awakeness. Awareness returned to her body, slowly revealing pain in her limbs and neck. She felt weak along the right side of her body as her world swirled around her. The motion didn't sit right with Y/n as her stomach heaved its little contents. 'What just happened?' she thought as she tried to lift herself. She stopped as she felt something wet in her lower area, and the putrid scent of urine filled her nose. The female's arms gave away as she collapsed onto the floor. A sudden sadness filled her as Y/n placed her hand against the wall behind her. "Please," she whispered, "Help me."

She felt Soundwave move and began striding to something. She wasn't sure if he had heard her plea or if he was busy. He suddenly stopped, and Y/n heard someone talking. 'I need help.' she thought as she inched toward the metal panels. If there was someone out there, they could help her. "Hey," she called out, her voice scratchy from thirst. Y/n winced, swallowing in hopes of hydrating her voice. She landed a fist against the doors, "I'm...here!" she yelled a little louder, repeatedly slamming her fist. "Please!" she begged, "I need help." Y/n was losing strength with every blow she made. With every ounce of strength gone, she slumped against the doors, tears running down her face. Her heart felt funny as it beat against her hand. 'This is it.' The voices were gone now, and so was her chance of living. "Goodbye, Soundwave," she whispered, feeling her strength dissipate along with her failing heart.

~~ 

Soundwave's digits paused over the terminal's keyboard as he felt Y/n convulsing inside his compartment. It was a full minute until the quaking resided. He heard her groan as she fumbled to sit upright before his audials picked up, "Help me." The doors to his hab suit opening alerted Soundwave of the two mechs entering. The slim mech whirled around to face them, revealing a nervous Breakdown and Knockout. Soundwave towered over them within a few calculated strides, contemplating if he should tell them about Y/n.

Knockout cleared his voicebox, a human-like gesture, "Listen, Soundwave, Breakdown, and I are asking you in private about your behavior. The whole Nemesis knows that you're not yourself. It's been worrying everyone, especially Lord Megatron, over your lack of production."

Breakdown looked like he was going to add something, but the soft sound of clanging captured their attention. The three mechs stood in silence, staring at each other. "Here!" a muffled female voice announced amidst the banging noise.

The red mech drew himself up, "Soundwave, as your medic, I demand to know what is going on."

The navy mech was still before piecing together, "Help her."

"Help who, Soundwave?" Knockout coaxed.

"Y/n," Soundwave answered as he opened his panels, revealing a slumped-over human.

Knockout quickly retrieved the human, his features scrunching up in disgust at the smell and wet sensation. He was no human medic, but, in comparison between Y/n and other humans he'd seen at street races, she was in poor condition. He could barely feel her heartbeat against his sensitive servos. A sudden anger flared through his field as Knockout glared at the silent mech, "I understand that you're grieving, Soundwave, but this has gone too far! She's not a human cassette! You could've killed this girl!" As Knockout was striding out of the berthroom, Breakdown called after him, "I'll stay here to help inform Megatron of our newest arrival." Before the doors fully closed, a faint keening noise came out of Soundwave, chilling both mechs to the core. The human in Knockout's servo began to stir, "S-Sound...wave?" she mumbled before remaining still.

The doors to the med bay flew open as Knockout and a small group of Vechicons rushed inside. The red medic started to bark orders to the Vechicons as they ran around, gathering supplies. After inserting an IV line into her arm, Knockout looked toward three idle clones, "You three, go and get as many human items you can. Food, clothes, whatever. I don't care if you steal a whole house!" Startled by the medic's outburst, the three Vechicons stumbled out of the medical bay, almost falling on top of one another. Knockout sighed as he accepted a datapad from a remaining clone. "Thank you, you can go." Once the soldier left, he sat on a crate close to the med berth, scrolling through the datapad, researching what he needed to keep this human alive.