Court - Dustins Point of View

Me, Dustin, deserved to die. For I killed my girlfriends, best friends family. I didn't want to be there and see Lucy's face when she realized it was me.

The judge called me in to court and when she called my name, I could here Lucy gasp. I stood up straight and looked into her teary eyes. Her perfectness that I could recognize was all messed up by this tragedy. Her smudged makeup that showed lines down her face of the trail of tears. Her white nail polishes chipped off and her hair looks like it hasn't been brushed for days.

She was ordered to talk and this is what she said.

"I trusted you. How can you sleep at night knowing that your fun is for drinking, then breaking the law, you are not 21, then recklessly driving and killing a happy family that is now torn."

I gave her the truth. "I can't sleep at night. You deserve every right to mad at me. You also have every right to put me to death." I wanted to die. This huge rush of guilt is something I can not live with.

This was her reply "Your Honor, if you could not put him to death I word appreciate it. I forgive you and putting you to death along with my family is not the answer or the right thing to do"

I was not put to death put I had 30 years of prison.