Chapter 17

Time stop.

Birds chirped.

My heart melts. My cheeks blushed.

I've seen sunset almost every day of my life but today adds magic to his kisses. But the irony is I closed my eyes to savor the moment. His kiss, his scent, his very being, everything is perfect.

I kissed back. Giving him the same intensity of the kiss he gave me. He pulled me closer to him, holding my waist this time.

As he claimed my lips, my heart follows. My mind remembers the good things he'd done for me. When we joined the party of the locals in one of our mission in Mindanao. The time when he saved me from terrorists. His gestures and attitude when I was in the hospital. What the nurse said how'd he visit me every day and bring flowers. Everything... it's almost perfect but...

As the kiss ends, I look into his eyes and I hope I am not mistaken of what I am seeing. I see the love and passion they have for me. My heart races as I feel his warmth against my skin. He leans in close, and whispers sweet nothings into my ear, causing goosebumps to form on my skin.

"I love you, Audrey." He whispered in a deep baritone voice.

I'm flattered but...

"I'm confused," I answered.

"Why?"

"Sabi mo you're in love with another woman."

He paused. Nakatitig lamang siya ng matiim sa akin.

"The reason I am so fond of you is because that woman was, is, and will always be you."

And just like that, no words came out of my mouth. Seems like I even forget how to speak.

Minutes passed until I recovered from his statement.

"Is it for real, Zeeb?" Tanong ko na puno ng pagkagulat.

He nodded.

"Paanong naging ako?" Bagaman gusto ko. Gustong-gusto ko at nababalot ng kilig ang buong katawan ko, pero paanong naging ako?

"Why not you? You are a good person, worthy of love and affection."

"Kailan pa?"

He gave me a smile as an answer.

"Will you accept my love, Audrey?"

"Why do you love me? Is this because of the deal?"

"Regardless of the deal."