Chapter 23

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, it's a long story."

"Okay. I love long stories."

He chuckled. "Well, do you believe in reincarnation?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure."

"Well, before this life you're living now, you have a life before too."

"Oookay... and?"

"We were married."

"Ha?" I laughed. "Parang ang hirap namang paniwalaan niyan. Ano yan? How come? Hindi ba demon ka? Tao, kasal sa demonyo? Pwede ba yun?"

He just smiled. "Audrey..."

"Hmm?"

"Will you resign from your work?"

Nabigla ako sa tanong niya. "I..I can't. Why?"

"Let's live together." Seryosong sabi nito.

Hindi muna ako nakapagsalita. Iniisip ko pa ang sasabihin. "I don't know how to answer you, Zeeb."

"It's just a yes or no, Audrey." Seryoso pa rin ang mukha nito.

"Hindi ba masyadong mabilis?"

"I thought you loved me too, Audrey..."

"Zeeb, look, I do. I love you. Don't get me wrong. But I want us to be married before living on the same roof."

"I can't go inside the church."

Yeah, he's right. So we can't get married huh? "Anyway, how did you know I was here?" Pag-iiba ko sa usapan. "And how did you know this place?"

"I just know. I know that this is your grandparent's house. I know that I grew up here. And I know that you were here when I returned and you were not in my house."

"Yeah. But how?"

"I have my raven watching you. It was also the one who signals me that you are in danger so I hurried back to find you."

"I see. So I'm being watched."

"At saka dito sa address na ito ko pinapadala ang aking mga lumang sulat para sa iyo. I think I sent here several letters. I strictly told your grannies of different generations not to open it until you arrive and at legal age so that you can understand the depth of my letters."