CHP 2:Akomi POV

As I sat down in my room, pacing around, scared and anxious at my arrival to the palace as the emperor was looking for a wife, my parents and my brothers were sad to let me go, I would love to be able to not go to the palace as the emperor was rumoured to b and if I pass the test and get chosen I would have to spend the rest of my life in a loveless marriage.

   I said to myself I have to sleep to have enough energy for tomorrow, I am sure I won't get picked I said trying to calm down my nerves as worrying doesn't solve anything.

  My sleep was very peaceful and refreshing.

  My mother came into my room, and woke me up bringing me out of my peaceful slumber, I got ready as well as I could putting on my best cotton kimono.

   My parents wished me goodbye with tears in their eyes, giving me some last minute advice to survive in the palace and my brothers hugged me tightly each one wishing me luck.

  The ride was peaceful and quiet,with a few gallops on the way we only stopped once to check the carriages wheels and let the horses drink water.

    I was grateful to have this opportunity as most noble women would train all year round just to impress the king and become his wife most of them never succeeded to seduce the king rumour has it that the king has never slept with any women, although these are probably just rumours.

    The carriage came to a halt and a guard opened the door for me, the guard was here to lead me to the palace to the place I am meant to stay along with the other women.

    I looked around, noticing that there were many other carriages with ladies even prettier than the kings most treasured concubine stepping out of the carriage, we were each led to the main hall before being led to a room  where we each had to stay before the king came to meet us.

  "Wow they look so plain, if that's the competition we have nothing to worry about"  some women said in a quiet tone, obviously they were referring to me and some other women, whom I recognized as some people from my village and others who I did not recognize most probably came from the neighbouring village as each village has some specific features.

Tysm for 1 view!