Chapter 12: Hunting Grounds

It's been a week since we last entered Oblivion and defeated Nocturnal, now I've defeated 8 of the princes and have 9 left to face. Meanwhile, Tabia and I have been spending a lot of time together, talking and doing, other things. She asked me to take it easy since I was still hurt from the fight with Malacath and I was in no condition to argue so I listened. We've been going on late night walks, having dinner, talking about our dreams and future and all manner of things. I am happy with her, it's like I've been given a second chance to be happy with someone, with her I felt at peace. One night as we were walking through the forest under the moons high above, we heard strange noises from the dense brush. Before I knew it, a werewolf had busted through the bushes and trees and attacked us, he was quick and looked savage. Without thinking I turned into a werewolf myself and grabbed ahold of the attacker by the throat. We wrestled for a bit but I managed to overpower him, and after ripping his throat out, his body went still. Covered in blood I looked at Tabia worried, she was still behind me and hadn't moved but I never wanted her to see this. "I am sorry my love, I tried so hard to keep this hidden, I was afraid you would run away" I said shaking as I shifted back to my human form. "Why would I run? You're a werewolf, so what, I've seen worse" she said sarcastically. "So, you're not afraid of me?" I asked, "Of course not, actually I think it's kinda hot" she smirked before kissing me. "Now let's get you home and clean this blood off" she said before leading me back home. Why was a werewolf out here in the marshes of Black Marsh I wondered to myself, and why did he look as if he went savage. I turned my mind away for the time being, but it was clear that Hircine was the next target.

The next morning I awoke to the smell eggs and bacon cooking, I looked up over to the kitchen to see a very nice sight. Tabia was not only cooking for me, but was wearing nothing but an apron, and gods be damned did she look good in it. "Morning sleepyhead" she smiled bringing me a plate of food and a warm glass of milk. "You slept pretty hard so I decided to make you some breakfast" she said before laying a kiss on my forehead. I was speechless because I wasn't expecting this but I didn't complain, the food was delicious and the milk was nice on my throat. "Thank you my love" I told her, "it was amazing, like how you look right now" I smirked at her and kisses her passionately and caressing her ass a little. We got dressed and walked out together to meet up with our troops and prepare for the upcoming battle. Broadmaw smiled when he saw us together and Nazir handed him and Babette both a sack of coins. Apparently they had made bets on when we'd fully get together, funny to see Nazir lost, he doesn't like losing bets but he keeps making them so. "Are we ready to enter the Hunting Grounds?" I asked them seeing a few of our troops sharpening their weapons and tightening their armor. "We're ready when you give the world Harbinger" Vilkas had stepped up to see me, followed by his brother Farkas and Alea. "Alea, are you not well?" I asked her, her face was unusually grim and her war paint was fading. "I am fine, I just haven't slept well in the past few days. I continue to have dreams of Skjor, I keep hearing his voice asking, begging for help" she responded. Skjor was an old member of the Companions and a very important member of the Circle when I first joined them. He was also Alea's lover, they had a very special bond, tho she never liked to admit it. Sadly he died long ago to the Silver Hand, werewolf hunters, savages more like it, I did my best to avenge him but I believe she was still hurting. "Alea, we're going into the Hunting Grounds, the realm of Hircine, I need you to stay focused, if we find Skjor I'll try to save him, but I cannot make any promises" I said having no choice to tell her the truth. "I understand Harbinger, I will follow your lead" she said forcing herself to perk up before fixing her war paint and grabbing her weapons. "Well then, Game On" I said before heading to the next Oblivion Gate.

When we entered the Hunting Grounds, immediately we were surrounded by silence and thick forests. Alea, Farkas, Vilkas and I couldn't help but smell the air here, full of delicious aromas, the smell of prey was like nothing I've ever smelt before. We continued forward and came to the open fields, the moonlight shined all over this realm and revealed thousands of wildlife beasts running around freely. We saw many deer and rabbits, as well as squirrels and other creatures, but within a few minutes, we also saw hunters. Hunters were expected and there were a lot of them, all with bows and hunting gear. They began attacking the wildlife and taking down multiple targets, nothing unusual until they spotted us. When they spotted us they stopped and began to stare, only seeing a few of us. "Who are these? More hunters?" one of the khajiit hunters asked curiously. "More mouths to feed it would seem, more hunters looking to steal our game" another said sounding slightly annoyed. "Not if we can help it" a Nord woman said drawing back her bow followed by the rest of their group. Before they knew it the the rest of our army emerged from the shadows and made themselves known, we outnumbered them a thousand to one. "Go ahead" I said eyeing them up and down looking for my first kill as my beast blood began to stir up. "Let loose those arrow. I dare you" I said as my eyes flashed a bright yellow showing my beast eyes and my fangs. The hunters withdrew and began to flee with what prey they had and disappeared. I couldn't help by laugh and continued on forward with my troops close behind, as we continued forward.