Part 1: The Beginning

Before I begin, in case you're unaware of the rules of a Hardcore Nuzlocke, let me go over them quickly. 

1. If a pokemon faints, it cannot be revived and is no longer usable. 

2. I can only catch the first pokemon I encounter on a route, unless if the first encounter is a pokemon I already own, either the same or part of its evolutionary line, then I may find another encounter. 

3. I must nickname all pokemon i'm able to catch to form an emotional bond with them. 

4. If i'm lucky enough to encounter a shiny pokemon, I am allowed to catch it, even if I've already found a pokemon on the same route. 

5. Hardcore rules: I may not use any items in battle from my bag, except for pokeballs. I can give items to my mons, but not use any potions or any other items from my bag. 

6. Hardcore rules: The levels of my mons cannot exceed the highest level of the next boss fight (Evil Team Leader, Gym Leader, Elite 4 Member, Champion) Should I exceed that level, I must box that mon and cannot use it until I defeat that boss. 

7. This one is a custom rule i'm issuing for myself, if I manage to catch a legendary pokemon, I will swap it out for a second encounter on a randomly generated route or area that I've already been to. I've never been a fan of using legendaries or Mythicals anyways, so I figured this is fair, yes? 

And I believe that's it, so let's get this show on the road!

The story begins in the lovely Torren region, a place with a violent past as it's currently under pressure by 5 murderous cults. Yep, you heard that right, instead of an evil team, we've got evil cults running around, and all of them are pretty wild. The 5 are: The Abyssal Cult who worship the mighty Kyogre! The Infernal Cult, who aim to control the unstoppable Groudon! The Cult of Darkrai, which i'm sure you're able to figure out by the name. The Sky Cult, whose goal is to harness the power of the incredible Rayquaza! And lastly, the Cult of Perfection, who aim to create the perfect, most insurmountable pokemon to ever exist. 

So yeah, there's a lot to deal with for this game. Anyways, we cut to Helios city, the captial of the region and largest location. Here, the Augur(Basically the King or Pope of the region) speaks of the first Augur's disappearance, and that he will be taking his place as the second Augur. He plans to seek out the wretched cults and destroy them, that whole shabang, and the people of the region cheer for their new leader. Cut to black!

Here's a closer look at what the Augur, Jaern, looks like: